Recent content by Jimbob54

1. Jimbob54

USB DAC with optical output and RCA output

Optical out will likely be a pass through of the input so no. Edit actually I'm not sure quite what you're asking. If you take the d10 as an example, it has no volume setting to alter (many other dacs do). If there was a volume control on the dac then the rca output would be affected by it but...
  2. Jimbob54

Truthear Nova IEMs

What hardware/software do you have to do EQ?
  3. Jimbob54

Interesting new Moondrop product- DSP equipped IEM cable

That was my concern.......no preamp Does having the cable at less than full output give you headroom? I didnt think it did but I may very easily be wrong.
  4. Jimbob54

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Think @Rja4000 mesasured and tried it as a phono and reported on here somewhere. Worked well iirc.
  5. Jimbob54

Just checked autoeq.app - if you select custom PEQ you can specify the number of peak filters available and max and min gain values- cant recall what the Free DSP restrictions are but if you set max gain as 0 it will give you negative peak filters to EQ to target. EDIT- actually no that doesnt...
  6. Jimbob54

Absent of finding someone elses work using the parameters, you could use crinacle's comparison tool or the multitude of squiglink sites and play with the eq tools there. Also have a look at autoeq.app as you might be able to tell it the limited peak abilities of the free DSP.
  7. Jimbob54

Truthear Nova IEMs

I'll be honest, I aim for crinacle 2020 above 1500 (to taste and below 8k)and sort out the bass as needed once I have a good seal. It's why I have no problem with H19 being used as a yardstick for all measurements taken /compared to. I know if it hugs that closely ill likely need to eq and by...
  8. Jimbob54

Truthear Nova IEMs

Shall have an A/B with that in place next time I listen.
  9. Jimbob54

Truthear Nova IEMs

Ok, listened enough now to call it . These are very good (with eq to my tastes ) and if you don't mind the bigger style shells. To my ears when you get louder they get unlistenable in stock tuning. My eq but of course YMMV. Oh, and you'll want to either swap out the cable or remove the...
  10. Jimbob54

Truthear Nova IEMs

The hexa had similar things in. I lost quite a bit of volume in one ear, yanked those filters out and back to proper levels. But obv with no filters doing whatever they were doing.
  11. Jimbob54

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

And if you set the RME to +13 ref level, -4.5dB on the volume knob and then into your line level pre amp? (so the output level is roughly the same as the D10s) ?
  12. Jimbob54

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I'll bite. Prefer why?
  13. Jimbob54

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Interesting. I don't own any ios devices but yes that's a daft thing for a streaming app to do.
  14. Jimbob54

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Looks to me more like the OS upsampling everything going out to 192.
  15. Jimbob54

Truthear Nova IEMs

May are comfortable because a dinky shell well shaped (pretty much the same as a Hola tbh) so with the right tips they stay put and you dont feel them so much. The Nova are way larger but nicely smother- think a deeper slightly better contoured TE Zero and more obvious you have your concha and...
Top Bottom