Recent content by jindy30

1. J

help with checking vintage amp, dc offset and bias.

Hey, Thanks for looking. the manual is on e bay/servicemanuals.net, i guess i should get it. So the red, yellow and black dials in the pictures are just for the radio receiver? what about the chucking blue dials, i turned one of them quiet alot. Thank you, yes no need to touch the tuner...
  2. J

help with checking vintage amp, dc offset and bias.

Ok, as a baby step i bought an old Kenwood Stereo receiver, KS-4000R to learn some basic electronics. I want to check the dc offset and bias. When i opened it up i was surprised to see so many adjustment dials. Can someone tell me which one is the adjustment for the dc off set and which one is...
  3. J

Need a budget DAC with usb and line-in

I went for the Tascam US-2x2HR. but i didnt realy need the recording side of things but its a good solid device for in's and out's.
  4. J

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

What amp.do you have. Why is 4Vrms so necessary. Its says 5 Vrms is the output amplitude. I am looking at a small laptop set up, with seperates so matching the interface and power amp is a question I have also.
  5. J

self powered DAC's and AMPS

Thanks these look good, and have been tried and tested over a Thank you for these recomendations. I think i am going to get the MOTU/M2. Athough I dont need the inputs as this interface is for playback only it seems SMSL. or Toppings, et al, have reoccuring issues with pops, cracking, and...
  6. J

Recomendations, and advice on small laptop to speaker set up, using USB-C

how do you delete this thread. i am going for seperates.
  7. J

What seventies / eighties Mono Film and TV microphone could this be?

Very doubtful that thjs was the set up for the movie and that their was no sound department. Thjs vamera.m I fht have been uaed for the running shots, and Behjnd the scenes, but nothing else.
  8. J

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

i see, thanks. can you also answer a question. What is the difference between a Digital Volume Attenuator and a pre amp, and which oine does this have. cheers Jonathan
  9. J

Hi, did it work out? I am starting look at the output of this unit for when I connect it to a.power.amp, and also figuring out if it has pre amp it. Also why it has a variable amp, aka volume knob at all. I am not sure which one is the best output, I guess.you just have to try them both, at...
  10. J

What is this "digital volume attenuator". Are we reinventing the wheel here?
  11. J

This? 1 VRMS 1000 mVRMS 0 dBV 2.218487487657987 dBu 2.8284271247461903 VPP Test revealed, Max was.6V, and 4.0Vrms Math was never my strong point...but here goes, 4Vrms ( x 2.2) = 8.8dbu Thanks Jonathan
  12. J

This is what I am trying to wrap my head around. After the digital signal has been converted to analogue what is its "level?.of the source material? Is this signal being amplified in the unit? Yes by the volume knob. Therefore I question Whether this is named correctly, and is even necessary...
  13. J

Can you say what the signal level is, in dbu, or volts and how it compares to output line levels on professional audio equipment.
  14. J

Interesting so no power through the usb_c
Top Bottom