Recent content by jjaskuna

1. J

A Real, Audiophile-Grade, Solution for Hearing Loss on All Devices

Will get this notice and delete resolved asap. Regarding how it works, I provided more detail in response to @V17. Admittedly, the manual should include this info and more, which I will also address.
  2. J

Thank you for letting me know. I will follow up directly with you.
  3. J

I would not feedback information in this example. I would need to know ahead of time the headphone amplifier and dac in use for the hearing test to calibrate the system under test. Then I would measure the system and include this data within the hearing test so it can adapt to the new...
  4. J

tbh, writing about this in a non-technical way is hard for me. What I am trying to express is that it works with any listening device you can connect to a computer. With a DAC, ADC, and BT, you could connect to just about anything in theory, though I am sure there is something I have not thought...
  5. J

If you are willing, take a pass of my response to @V17 and let me know where you would want to see more detail broken out.
  6. J

Yes, absolutely. I was hoping someone would ask. Here is the framework: Start with calibrated hearing threshold results spanning at least from 125Hz to 20kHz for a listener. Test more frequencies in the spectrum, not less. 4 frequencies does not provide enough information. Currently, the...
  7. J

This is my mistake. That crazy high sample rate is the audio's sample rate, not the maximum tested frequency. I've seen some interesting research on thresholds above 20kHz, but nothing this high.
  8. J

My experience is that I listen with 4-5dB lower volume on my preamp/dac when correcting for my hearing loss vs the native audio. If you are reaching to increase the volume of the corrected signal, the system is not working as designed in the implementation. You should be reaching to increase the...
  9. J

Or poor explanation on my part. The high sample rate is getting at the absence of a decimation stage. Turn off oversampling to achieve this. The goal is that input sr == output sr, such that you are not passing through a required resampling. I wanted something that can process high SR or bit...
  10. J

You read right into the limitations of this and the targeted application.
  11. J

Good point to highlight. I agree and have a similar experience assessing gear. And, thanks for considering listening.
  12. J

There is a hearing test involved in this. Good catch. It's used to get individual hearing test data into the algorithms and return the data to the individual, such that it can be ported to other products/uses as desired.
  13. J

Thank you for sharing and being the first person to do so. I was not sure if anyone would respond. I can't blame my genetics. Only myself and car stereos.
  14. J

Thank you for bringing up DC! Surprisingly, determining what to forecast below 125 and down to 0Hz was one of the more challenging aspects.
  15. J

Please excuse my delayed response. I wanted to ensure my intent was clear first, hence an update to the post. I hope this drives some innovation around adjustable profiles, as different use cases or environments present unique problems. Not just for the listener, but also for engineering a...
Top Bottom