Recent content by JLan08

1. JLan08

Hardware Teardown of Topping D30 DAC

Thanks for taking the time to analyze! I wander if it would be worthwhile to bypass that switch with a short wire lead or two, if only one input will ever be used... Maybe that entire STM8s business can be bypassed?
  2. JLan08

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Also, there is a big difference between end-to-end balanced vs balanced outputs:
  3. JLan08

I think the simple answer is that it's difficult (expensive) to design and implement a balanced circuit that actually improves things without making other things worse. However, in a well implemented design, there is a benefit to balanced interconnects. How much difference you see in your...
  4. JLan08

Not sure if DIY discussions are prevalent on this forum, but I am wandering if it would be a difficult task to combine two D10's or D30's into a balanced DAC. I am thinking something like, placing two D30s into a single enclosure, with the outputs going into a circuit that would combine them...
  5. JLan08

Yes I am wandering the same thing. Would the additional components in the external power supply, such as they are, produce a better final result than the USB power from the noisy PC? In the past, I've seen recommendations to use an externally-powered USB hub when dealing with DACs like these...
Top Bottom