Recent content by john11

1. J

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I am not talking about the amplifier, i am talking about the power supply, please stay awake
  2. J

So your ears are unreliable ? That means, according to you, that all of the people on this forum who liked the PA5 II when compared to their last amp are stupid and are have no brain and are posting inaccurate comments because some nameless distant dscientist said they must be doing so. Amir in...
  3. J

i don't know how the amplifier was designed in the first place, i was not there when they did it - neither were you Stop putting words into my mouth
  4. J

Why not do the test yourself and prove your point, or are you going to be a armchair critic for the rest of your life without the courage to step out into the real world
  5. J

Good points. I appreciate the reply, what i object to is some forum members insist on living in their fictional world of make believe and are madly obsessed with graphs and numbers only. Real life wordly experiences are totally shunned and hated. Anyone daring to listen to music through and...
  6. J

What if i have a piece of equipment that has not been reviwed by you, and i do not have $thousands worth of test equipment, does that make my reasearch and findings invalid
  7. J

The proof is very simple as i suggested earlier. Simply perform the mod i recommended, listen, and report back your findings. If you are honest then it will very easily prove i am right. Listening is good and should be included in an end overall judgement. At the end of the day in all honesty...
  8. J

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

I have the PA5 II and the PA3, both sound very similar to each other. I would go for the PA3 because it is cheaper with slightly less power. If power is not a concern then the PA3 is better. As for reliability i have had no problems with the PA5 II. If power is a concern and you need more go...
  9. J

Good points. I have had many similar experiences where i expect hardware to sound better or worse, but upon listening they sound the opposite. I build my own amps and speakers, and often go back to the circuit diagram to try and figure out what is happening Critics on here are demanding proof...
  10. J

This is extreme madness. Just about every piece of hardware on the planet contains capacitors, yet we do not see houses burning down, we do not see flammable electrolyte being chucked everywhere
  11. J

Why are you so totally and utterly obsessed with calculations, what's wrong with playing some music and enjoying it, which is what most people will do. And this whole " cognitive bias " immediatly suggests that people are so stupid, so deaf, that they can't hear the difference between one piece...
  12. J

Did this a month ago and works very well, for a quick easy cheap mod it is well worth it, and i doubt adding a little extra capacitance is going to burn the house down
  13. J

Here's a good upgrade. Solder a 4700uf 50v nichicon kw capacitor onto the power cable as close to the amp as possible, then sit back relax and enjoy the immediate improvment in sound quality. Tested and works. Quick easy upgrade costing you pennies
  14. J

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Unlikely, but also likely. It actualy worked out quite well. I unhooked the preamp power supply and hooked it up to an external 10 amp smps. Now the preamp has its own clean supply of power, the receiver sounds much better. More life, energetic, much more detail, wow ! I use the stock power...
  15. J

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Yes, if you know how to read a circuit board 1. pop the hood 2. take a pair of wire clippers 3. snip the cables going from the power supply to the power amp
Top Bottom