Recent content by jrubins_03

1. J

Adding a volume pot to a PS-LX49 turntable

I think I'm going to get this one, which seems to be the same one linked by tonycollinet earlier, but for less on amazon US. I am still going to look into working on some modifications, but it'll do for now.
  2. J

That would work. Could I do it with an Arduino then? I have a few laying around. Could I then just adjust the amplification by using a pot as an input into the arduino/pi?
  3. J

Would I not have this issue with this preamp?
  4. J

I was able to fiddle with the mic settings a bit and got it working a bit better (recording attached). Would this work on something like a raspberry pi? Or is a dedicated sound card necessary?
  5. J

Looks like the link is broken, could you send again?
  6. J

headphones? Would I require a headphone amp for 80 ohm headphones?
  7. J

Alright then, what about a pot for the preamp output?
  8. J

This is my (testing, clearly) setup, which gives me decent volume, but obviously awful audio quality, even for digital audio. I'm essentially thinking of adding some sort of control in the red and white wires, and replacing the computer with a preamp.
  9. J

Will the amplified signal not be decreased proportional to input signal? Also, for context, I'm planning on mostly listening with 80 ohm BeyerDynamic DT990s.
  10. J

Hello! I was thinking of getting this preamp, and possibly fitting it into the body of the turntable (without the outer case). Is it possible to get a pot sensitive enough to go straight on the phono lines? Otherwise, I could get a pot on the output of the preamp, if I'm able to integrate it...
  11. J

I just got my first older record player, and I'm looking to modify it. I'd like to add a volume knob. To be clear, this is not a question about preamps, only about what type of potentiometer I need to get (I know the volume knob will not make the phono output louder). I have worked with...
Top Bottom