Recent content by kestrel4

1. K

Please, recommend headphones for listening to music with ENJOYMENT.

You can still get the Sennheiser HD-650 from Gear4Music.com in Europe for around EUR 230, which is a brilliant price.
  2. K

Hifiman Sundara vs Sennheiser HD650 – Is there an ultimate conclusion?

Read a lot of reviews, tried a couple of headphones out; then ordered the HD-650. Now I'm in love with them and it feels like the real thing. Thanks to all reviewers everywhere for the many hours you've spent persuading me to go for the safe, traditional (and outstanding) choice.
  3. K

How much it "costs" to beat a laptop dac

Who uses analogue headphones these days, apart from audiophiles? All USB and bluetooth headphones have their own built-in DAC. I have Bose QC35ii (bluetooth, noise-cancelling; everything audiophiles hate) and they are excellent; really good. Then I bought Sennheiser HD-650 (analogue audio...
  4. K

Will I notice any difference with my speakers between mainboard line-out and USB DAC?

I really don't expect extraneous noises. They are very rare. But I would certainly consider a DAC to replace my Dell (standard issue with the XPS laptop) USB-C to audio jack dongle, if it improved actual sound-quality/ soundscape in my new HD-650 headphones. They seem muddier or boomier (I...
  5. K

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

I got my HD-650 headphones two days ago. With some music, it seems that a low very frequency boomy noise is triggered, which is quite annoying. Could it be because I am using only my laptop's standard audio-converter? It is the Dell USB-to-Audio dongle (3GVVD SA1023z). I would be quite...
  6. K

!thanks You'r right! I'd no idea they go back so far. Have they been changed? Or have they been relaunched for gamers and studio mixing, given that their style is not really conducive to actual enjoyment of music, based on my short experience of a borrowed pair.
  7. K

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Is there a comparison with the Dell equivalent, 3GVVD? Or perhaps some information about which, of those tested, it is similar to? It comes free with an XPS laptop and I am using it, through an ICY BOX powered USB hub with Sennheiser HD-650. It has enough power on its own but I wonder it a...
  8. K

Sorry but I don't agree on the DT990. Borrowed a pair and found them a little too piercing. I think they're designed for gamers. I had the same requirement as you and am now very happy the HD-650 (after sending back HD-560s).
  9. K

The Sennheiser HD 600 sounds great, but are quite uncomfortable — they clamp down hard! Should I return them?

Just bought HD-650. I know what you mean but advise anyone to stick with it. This sounds basic but make sure the extenders are pulled out far enough. Loosen the headband by putting a book between the sides, not on the cushions; and accelerate the process with a hairdrier if you like...
  10. K

Sennheiser or Bose Headphones

If you are not sure about whether to choose a closed-back ANC or an open back, then go for the closed-back ANC in order not to be restricted by wires, noise leakage and the possibility of needing an amp. If however you've already got a decent, go-anywhere closed-back ANC, but want a better...
  11. K

Motherboard integrated audio card VS Audio DAC

!thanks That's an impressive and informative explanation. And it makes me want to study this thing in more depth.
  12. K

Should I get a (dedicated) amp?

My Douk buzzed when the USB power cable was plugged into anything connected to the sound source. Happened with both PC and Playstation. I had to find a different USB power source. Now it is perfectly quiet.
  13. K

Motherboard integrated audio card VS Audio DAC

Wow! That is really valuable advice. You're saying it is the extra power, not the superior DAC that makes the difference! All audiophile-pundits insist on the need to spend hundreds on a DAC/Amp to drive a 300 ohm headphone, not just an amp. Maybe I can now more confidently buy the headphones...
  14. K

Sennheiser or Bose Headphones

Yes, the Bose QC35ii are absolutely brilliant for travel, and occasionally for isolating myself from a noisy household. They allow you to block out the surroundings and live in your own world. The sound quality is really good. And they are phenomenally comfortable. I've loved mine since I...
  15. K

QC45 / QC35 II sub-$500 upgrade worth it?

Agreed. But, having tried the DT990 and the HD560s for something closer to 'audiophile, I have to say how very good the QC35ii is in sound and comfort. The bluetooth and noise reduction flim-flam is an nice extra! I've sent back the HD560s and will have to think about something in a higher...
Top Bottom