Recent content by Layercake1

1. L

Puritan Audio PSM156 Review (AC Filter)

This line of questioning seems to be an attempt to discredit our findings. If lab test results were the “be all and end all” then people would by transistor amps rather than valve amps. I’ve been in this game for 40 years plus now and always trusted my ears. I’m not anti science, I've been to...
  2. L

I had a third audiophile friend around today for a blind test and he is the third person now to say he preferred the SQ with the Puritan 156 versus the standard Olson (non conditioning) power block in my £20K system. I have now purchased it and am very happy indeed. I don't think all three of us...
  3. L

Im just giving an honest assessment of what two of us heard. My mate who has a £100k system is trying it in his rig tomorrow versus my Olsen block and also just with his dedicated radial circuit with no conditioner / olson power block and will update the post in due course
  4. L

Sighted test , not blind but there were two of us listening and we were both in agreement.
  5. L

Hi guys, I am a mechanical engineer and so not qualified to really understand most of this stuff but ive just spent a weekend listening to a Puritan 156 (£1450 ) versus a Vertex AQ (Quiesent) Hi Rez taga (£2500) versus my Olsen sounds fantastic distribution block(£140) and the Puritan bests the...
Top Bottom