Recent content by m3nthal

1. M

Sabaj A20d 2022 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Hi, I have HD 560s and Genelec 8030 active speakers and it works perfectly. Some points you might take into consideration: - 4.4mm port is not truly balanced - you can’t play XLR and headphones simultaneously Not a dealbreaker for me, but I think worth noting.
  2. M

Sabaj A20d 2022 Version Owners Feedback

I got mine more than a week ago, and I am very happy with it. I had Audient iD14 MK1 before, which is good, but a20d is head and shoulders above and beyond.
  3. M

Entry-level R2R DAC Setup or Audient iD14 alternative for Hifiman Edition XS

Looks like I've reached a reasonable limit of sound quality with Sabaj a20d 2022 which came a few days ago, so if I to try something different, it would be definitely an R2R DAC.
  4. M

It is 250Ohm, but the pads that I have are no longer stock as stock pads wore out a few years ago... So I am not sure that my current pads measure the same as stock anymore. There is no harm trying, so please share what EQ that you have in mind :) The 200Hz dips looks unnatural, I haven't seen...
  5. M

Thank you, noted. Off topic, I’ve returned my Edition XS because they were giving me constant headaches due to poor headband construction and weight. Since I am happy with DT770Pro, I am looking at Amiron Home as an upgrade. Should be a nice step up.
  6. M

Thank you for your reply. I would go with Ares as well, but I don't know how to integrate it in my system. Should I use XLR switcher? Or some other device that will allow me to switch between headphones and active speakers.
  7. M

If I were to choose an entry level R2R DAC, I would definitely go with Ares 2 because I think it is build with love and perfection. I appreciate the minimalism of features and components on the board, making it a pure DAC with the only thing in mind is D/A conversion. Being a software engineer...
  8. M

Thank you for such a detailed reply, much appreciated! I initially wanted to order Topping DX5 with ES9068AS ("32bit Stereo Audiophile DAC/CODEC with MQA Rendering"), but came across Sabaj a20d 2022 which has a pro chip ES9038PRO ("Flagship SABRE 32-bit 8-Channel Audio DAC with 140dB DNR") and...
  9. M

I have similar observation. Some reviewers only have only R2R DACs, and most of them have tubes in their systems. I personally enjoy the tube sound. My dad restored a tube radio receiver and oh boy it sounds tasty. He also build a tube amp himself being a radio engineer by education. The amp...
  10. M

Wow, ADI Dac 2 has 3 recommendations already! Thank you! Thank you, will check those out!
  11. M

I've just noticed, that on your screenshot, this is actually mic input frequency response. Output frequency response for HP is much better:
  12. M

You beat me to it about the output impedance. Yes, I think the high output impedance of iD14 actually matters in my case with Hifiman Edition XS as those have almost the same impedance.
  13. M

Foremost, thank you for your reply. I will take a few steps back in my decision process to explain how I've ended here. It all started with headphones. I have good closed back headphones DT 770 Pro, and good open back 560S, and wanted to try how planar headphones sound. As I don't have any audio...
Top Bottom