Recent content by mags65

1. mags65

What speakers do you currently own?

Fyne F502SP at home. Audiovector C2 at summer cabin.
  2. mags65

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

A practical question re. setup: can you run Dirac and control the M66 from any PC/Mac in your house as long as they (M66 and PC/Mac) are on the same home network?
  3. mags65

WiiM Ultra

Same as me :)
  4. mags65

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

Billie Eilish. Couldn’t get along with the hype, but now find it quite interesting.
  5. mags65

WiiM Ultra

One could hope, but I’m not holding my breath!
  6. mags65

WiiM Ultra

No XLR? Forget it.
  7. mags65

Inside Nord One NCx500 DM MKII

I see we have some more amps in common as well - I use an NC252MP from Nords value line at the family cottage, with a Topping E70 as dac/pre.
  8. mags65

The observant forum viewer will note that the setting is low gain in this picture, since changed to the lowest setting.
  9. mags65

This is the dual mono version of the NCx500 power amp supplied by Nord Acoustics, with their own input buffer board sporting Sparkos 2590 op-amps. Case is the black SE-version with xlr-only and 12v trigger, everything else is standard specifications. As I switched around last year from Topping...
  10. mags65

The kit we bought, our current setups

I «grew up» with a pair of Tannoys as a student, so it felt quite natural to go «back» to Fyne after some years with a pair of Dali Helicon 400. As you allude to, I perceive the imaging to be pretty sharp due to the dual concentric design. Have experimented with convolution filters from...
  11. mags65

The kit we bought, our current setups

Current setup: Wiim Pro -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> Nord Acoustics NCx500 dual mono -> Fyne Audio F502SP, with Roon on Mac Mini running the show (cabled). Stored on Pylon Obsidian rack, oak veneer in oil wax chocolate finish.
Top Bottom