Recent content by ManniX

1. ManniX

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

I hope you didn't miss the SSD because that's the pinnacle of their act IMO. Every time, I try to resist browsing the shop but.... it's like entering Disneyland. I'm laughing so much that I'll end up in the hospital next time. Wish I was so ruthless and without a conscience, I'd be millionaire...
  2. ManniX

Yes, it's a 25€ USB card with a 150€ oscillator. It's nice that you are happy with it but it's completely useless. Unless you have one of the very first ancient DAC without a clock or only supporting obsolete USB Audio. Which the SU-1 isn't. On top it's detrimental without an USB galvanic...
  3. ManniX

For sure the impact is more relevant with high currents; I play with Peltier cells at 36V and 30A and there an half mm can make a barbecue difference :) If you can't hear it then fine but there is a difference and at 15 meters between 10 to 16 is huge; I didn't make calculations but from what I...
  4. ManniX

Indeed, you can't compare the analog and digital domain in this case. What happens to the input during transport with analog is going to end up in the output; high speed digital transmissions are always employing techniques to minimize the effects or fix/retry the data transfer if corrupted...
  5. ManniX

VMV D2R and VMV P2

Thanks a lot for sharing your opinion! Thanks for sharing the video, he posted in the comments an update: I would like to add some minor negative points. ・A high-resolution mark sticker (that yellow one) is included. It's not attached for some reason. ・There is pop noise when playing sound...
  6. ManniX

VMV D2R and VMV P2

I'd love too to ear your thoughts about it. Just don't mind the toxic and rude people here, they are everywhere. In case you posted it elsewhere, would be nice to share the link.
  7. ManniX

Aune X8. My overview.

That's true in a pure theoretical world but it's not what happens in the real world. Half of the content available in hi-res with a higher frequency sampling rate either is worst or better in lo-res or hi-res version. Not because of the sampling rate, because they have been mastered or mixed...
  8. ManniX

Aune X8. My overview.

Well a 65" TV is built in thousands of units every week from behemoths like Samsung or Foxconn. The cost of producing few thousands units, in a very small fab and half manually it's much higher. The "hi-end" brand name and the "classic vintage" sensation are also big up costs for these products...
  9. ManniX

Aune X8. My overview.

SDM (Sigma-Delta Modulation) is the 1-bit audio format used by DSD. The SDM output is how usually the DSD output is called, either via DoP or native. HQPlayer is using mainly SDM instead of DSD (which is probably more correct in the context) so I guess that's why it's often referenced as that...
  10. ManniX

Aune X8. My overview.

Sorry it was obvious of course :) If you can, indeed it's better to try for yourself. That's what I did. I've sent back the Aune X8 cause of the filter mode bug and the lack of RCU. Got a Topping D50s (I don't need balanced outputs) which is maybe not as much well engineered, it pops when...
  11. ManniX

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Indeed. It may be useful for someone that wants to match a couple of old Klipsch RP. Note that it's the first revision on sale, not the "II" version of the review you linked.
  12. ManniX

Aune X8. My overview.

Note that the Aune X8 doesn't come with an SS3602 installed. Maybe it's obvious but it's better to remark it to avoid funny surprises and wrong expectations :) If you notice an improvement, or not, in audio quality seems it's a very personal matter. I didn't notice any change using the SS3602...
  13. ManniX

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Klipsch RP-404C Walnut Only 199€ (shipping from France) from 319€ (based on German VAT) https://www.fnac.com/Klipsch-Reference-Premiere-RP-404C-Haut-parleur-de-canal-central-pour-home-cinema-tridirectionnel-noyer/a18537989/w-4
  14. ManniX

Playing PCM to DSD Native with foobar2000

Shouldn't be needed also for the Topping D50s I'm using but the HS01 works better when powered externally. I only had one issue with the HS02, so I'm not sure if external power was really helping. But I ended up using it also with the HS02, just to be sure. Not a single issue then, till it failed.
  15. ManniX

Playing PCM to DSD Native with foobar2000

Maybe the issues I had with DoP were also partially due to the HS01. Today I couldn't reproduce anything in Native DSD and DoP was just playing a few seconds and then silence and reverting to 44.1 kHz. Had to disconnect the HS01 and started working again... Not the first time I had to do it. In...
Top Bottom