Recent content by manoy385

1. manoy385

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Prices in red already have 15% off applied.
  2. manoy385

Shenzhenaudio has 15% off almost everything till April 2. https://shenzhenaudio.com/collections/all?page=1&sort_by=best-selling Use coupon code SHENZHENAUDIO5 for an extra $5 off at checkout.
  3. manoy385

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Yeah, might as well spend the extra $100 to get bluetooth and MQA with the X16. I went with the Motu M2 instead though. The money saved went to purchasing a Rode Podmic and 4 x 10ft Canare Star Quad XLR cables and I still had $180 leftover from my X16 refund. Thinking of getting a nice boom arm...
  4. manoy385

I'm gonna be returning my X16 after chinese new year since they won't be able to ship me a replacement until then. After seeing the review of the Topping D30Pro though, I'm thinking of getting that instead of a replacement X16. The D30Pro will probably be significantly cheaper but I would lose...
  5. manoy385

It says GUSTARD BT. I already confirmed it is an X16 because of the 3 available PCM filters vs 6 with the A18. Serial number on the bottom of the unit also starts with X16.
  6. manoy385

Random Noise On Powered Monitors

X16 arrived early. Noise is gone but my unit has an A18 label instead of an X16 on the casing. It is apparently an X16 internally as it only has 3 filters instead of 6. Things just seem to always go wrong. o_O
  7. manoy385

They both have bluetooth. USB connection just says Gustard USB Audio 2.0. I think the difference is the X16 has optical input and the A18 does not. In that case, it is an X16 cause mine has optical input. Checked the filters, there are also only 3: H-FAST, L-FAST, M-SLOW. I think the A18 has 5?
  8. manoy385

So my X16 just arrived or is it? The case says it's an A18 but the box says it is an X16. How do I make sure it is an X16?
  9. manoy385

The Sendy Aiva shares the same driver as the Monoprice M570 and Takstar HF580. A lot of people say the Aiva and the M570 sound very similar so if you can find the M570 for cheaper, might as well go for that.
  10. manoy385

Welp my X16 just got delayed 2 weeks because of Chinese new year. Looks like I won't be using my Genelecs for almost a month. :mad:
  11. manoy385

The PB-1000 also uses the same 2 pin figure 8 power connector so no ground loop there. The only component in my setup now with 3 prongs on the power connectors now are the Genelecs. The Gustard X16 has 3 prongs too so will that affect it too?. The X16 should arrive next week and I will update...
  12. manoy385

Before I had the Genelecs, I used the M300 RCA out to an Emotiva A100 which powered a pair of KEF Q150s and never got any noise from them.
  13. manoy385

It can't be the USB port since I tried it with multiple PCs and also with optical out from my desktop and they all still get the noise.
  14. manoy385

I already returned the M300. Isn't XLR balanced supposed to eliminate ground loop noise? I will try it without hooking up the sub if I still get noise with the Gustard. I actually think it might be the cables too since I'm using cheap ones that might not have sufficient shielding.
Top Bottom