Recent content by mathomas

1. M

FireWire directional?

This is exactly what I would expect. I was trying to keep an open mind. He didn’t say the bits wouldn’t flow, just that “noise” could result, and to him it was audible (very much paraphrasing what he said).
  2. M

FireWire directional?

(New here, first post. Be gentle ;)) (about 6:30 in) The host of the YT channel “The Vinyl Attack!” recently accepted Danny Ritchie’s challenge to visit him and hear his listening room and learn. Apparently, the host’s first “cable makes a difference” experience in this visit was based upon...
  3. M

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Have lurked for a while but just joined today. I have really enjoyed seeing how various equipment of varying cost, sophistication, and reputation fare under the microscope of testing. I’ve been into audio since I was dirt poor kid with pieced together half-assed hand-me-down systems and...
  4. M

Comparing a £5,500 Naim NDX 2 to a £300 Topping D30 pro

I own a Naim Uniti Star that is currently off for service (screen died after a firmware update last fall :facepalm:). The bloom is quite off the rose on that front. I have no idea how long it will take to fix, but apparently the screens are back ordered. Along the way I’ve discovered that...
Top Bottom