Recent content by matthijs

1. matthijs

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

I mean, that's up to you. I'm pretty sure it does result in significant power saving, but I don't recall the numbers. I'm not sure if it matters for the amp, I think it's mostly for your utility bill and for the environment.
  2. matthijs

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

Yes, if it were no longer connected to the network you wouldn't be able to take them out of standby via the app. The main function of standby is to power off the amplifier, and we have some ideas for further power saving in the future.
  3. matthijs

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

There have been rare cases in the past where updates get stuck until the next boot, so if your speaker is on 24/7 and appears stuck on an old firmware version, it is definitely worth power-cycling them once to see if that fixes things.
  4. matthijs

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

It's 24 fractional bits (+ 8 integer bits), which is generously sufficient for volume control (indeed for most signal processing that does not involve feedback) and puts the quantization noise floor around -144 dBFS. Dithering is not relevant when you have this much resolution and not used. 56...
  5. matthijs

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

At the very least the next firmware will include a simple webserver that serves the web app directly from the speaker. Apologies for the lack of reply from me! When the thread got kinda flooded in offtopic posts I tuned out. Fortunately Martijn has replied in the meantime. (He's the right...
  6. matthijs

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

No. libalsa is LGPL, which means the license only applies to libalsa itself, not to any software that uses it. Open source software we've written or modified can be found on github, but this doesn't include any audio stuff currently. In fact, linux isn't even part of the signal path unless...
Top Bottom