Recent content by MaxBuck

1. MaxBuck

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I don't have the resources for using REW, and even if I did it would require a learning curve that, at my age, I have no interest in. Not sure how much effort it took to deliver me my answer on a platter, but I did express my appreciation, after all. I don't believe I argued with anyone except...
  2. MaxBuck

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

True, but again: DACs offer a variety of features, including many filter selections. Chord seems to offer unusually sharp cutoff filters with very deep attenuation, a feature that doesn't seem to get much run here.
  3. MaxBuck

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

You have finally provided the explanation I sought. Graphical examples are SO much more helpful than self-important insults, I find.
  4. MaxBuck

Definition: static is invariant with time, whereas dynamic varies with time. In engineering one studies statics and dynamics as systems in this manner. That's why dynamics involves acceleration (unequal force), whereas dynamics involves none (balanced forces). By the way, apparently this is...
  5. MaxBuck

The amplitude of an 8-Hz sine wave is indeed time variant. But if the amplitude and frequency both remain constant, I see the signal as static. Perhaps the issue is that audio measurements can be both dynamic and static at the same time, depending upon what one is measuring.
  6. MaxBuck

You are limiting your discussion to the idea that amplitude varies in the time domain, which is obviously correct. But where I differ can be explained by an analogy: a vehicle traveling at constant velocity. Its position in XYZ obviously varies, but there is no acceleration. One can discuss the...
  7. MaxBuck

Maybe instead of insults you could try to clarify your earlier comments. This response is not worthy of you.
  8. MaxBuck

I'm not sure where you're going with this. A sine wave that is invariant in both amplitude and frequency is static.
  9. MaxBuck

The fact that a sine wave varies in amplitude over time does not render it a dynamic phenomenon, if the frequency is invariant. Invariancy over time is the key element.
  10. MaxBuck

Life works like that: we operate in multiple dimensions. Chemical equilibrium is constant over the time domain so long as pressure and temperature are also kept constant. None of my questions arise out of a belief that "DACs have issues with strange signals." That's not relevant to my inquiry.
  11. MaxBuck

That's an interesting question that I don't have an immediate answer for. I guess I'd have to say if the pulse is identical over time, it could be regarded as static. But we're getting into semantics here. Measuring output in the time domain of a component to a pulse input certainly is a...
Top Bottom