Recent content by MeMe

1. MeMe

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Thanks for the review Amir. As an owner of one of these, I can confirm that it sounds and behaves great. I have mine linked to a Schiit Freya+. Incredible value for money. + Audiophonics people provide quick and friendly answers to questions.
  2. MeMe

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

It's been a while since the AIYIMA A07 was released. Does anybody know about a similar budget Chinese amp that beats the AIYIMA?
  3. MeMe

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

Sonuance As a brand, looks available: https://www3.wipo.int/branddb/en/
  4. MeMe

Understanding Audio Dynamic Range / SNR (Part 1)

Hi Amir, I'm curious to know if the Professional Amp / HiFi Amp valley of separation is real or not. In other words, if Pro Amp gear can perform as HiFi or if this is a no-go. There is some inexpensive used Pro gear waiting to be grabbed if (at least some) if this kind of equipment is suitable...
  5. MeMe

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Class D Purifi amp

Thanks for the info. I just sent an email to Monacor asking them how it affects signal (since their specs don't mention it).
  6. MeMe

Thanks for taking the time for this detailed answer. I don't listen loud, so functionally, I guess I'd rather have more volume-control-sweep. From a sound quality POV, the question would be: If I avoid the amp's buffer altogether (by moving the pin bridges as you mentioned), would I get better...
  7. MeMe

Open question for someone who doesn't know anything about gains and electronics in general: I bought a Freya+ preamp and intend to use it with the tubes engaged. I'd like to buy the LPA-S400ET from Audiophonics but I'm guessing that given the output from the Freya+, I'll need to tweak the...
  8. MeMe

VTV Purifi 1ET400A updates

Hey Rottmannash. I'm intending to pair a Freya+ with a VTV Purifi. Before I order the VTV, what suggestions can you share with me? Are there any options that I should pay for? Shall I buy the VTV custom buffer? Thanks!
  9. MeMe

Best value streamer with no DAC

I have the same need and I'm afraid the RPi4 will introduce noise.
  10. MeMe

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

I really like the fact that is balanced. Planning to buy some new components. I was thinking of the following combo: D30Pro >> XLR >> Doge 8 Clarity >> XLR >> JungSon JA-99C Looking for neutrality, detail, and a great soundstage. Does anybody see a problem with this stack? Thanks!
  11. MeMe

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

Is the Singxer also made by Linsoul? My suspicion here is the licensing issue about HDMI. Chinese manufacturers are not keen on publishing that they use HDMI when in fact they do. Linsoul manufactures another DAC-brand named Crescent. There is model EP3Pro that they don't sell directly but...
  12. MeMe

Funny thing is that I was just in a chat with customer support from Linsoul and they said that IT CAN interpret HDMI Audio source. For me, it's too much money to experiment whether or not HDMI audio works. Frankly, I don't trust customer support juniors. So I was hoping that someone WITH the...
  13. MeMe

Amirm, thanks for your valuable reviews. I have a question for you: As I prefer to use HDMI for my audio output, does this IIS/LVDS input take HDMI audio? I mean, can it process it correctly? <<< I'm referring here to the AUDIO output that comes out of a Bluray player through a dedicated HDMI...
  14. MeMe

SMSL M400 Balanced USB MQA DAC Review

Would the I2S input work with HDMI audio source?
Top Bottom