Recent content by MichaelEA

1. MichaelEA

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

Reading here all the quality problems with the C298, I'm dissapointed that NAD haven't improved! Many years ago I bought one of their large T753 receivers. It ended up back for repairs a few times until they gave up and offered to replace it with a newer model T765 (plus a small upgrade charge)...
  2. MichaelEA

DSP basics and FIR Filtering

I often see questions asking for more information about FIR filtering and the pros and cons. I've put together an article describing some DSP, FIR and IIR basics, and applications in audio. https://eclipseaudio.com/fir-filter-guide/ Let me know if you find this helpful, and/or if there's...
  3. MichaelEA

FIR EQ hardware and software?

Thanks. I see in the Equalizer APO config file it can also take raw IIR coefficients (b0,b1,b2,a0,a1,a2) which is helpful. (We generate these for platforms like miniDSP.) If you haven't tried FIR Creator or Designer, download a demo. I think you'll find the FIR (or mixed IIR+FIR) workflow quite...
  4. MichaelEA

Thanks. I'd come across JRiver but wasn't aware of the other two. Cheers,
  5. MichaelEA

I'm looking for names/brands of hardware and software that support user accessible FIR EQ directly or using convolution plugins? I'm familiar with miniDSP as well as products in the pro audio space - DSP amps and speaker controllers/processors - but not so much the world of software players...
Top Bottom