Recent content by monophreak

1. monophreak

Hearing and hearing aid recommendations

In relation to the 8KHz, I found that even with my new limited range of 200Hz to 1.5KHz tailing off to 3KHz, listening through headphones in stereo gave me a sense of space that I am not accustomed to and my brain has been pretty good at filling in blanks from the working ear on the right. For...
  2. monophreak

Splitting signals for a hearing aid and headphone - Balance XLR on the Phonitor 2

Thank you for this AnalogSteph, your help has been amazing. I did not know that the mono output ends up on the left channel and this has definitely saved me time when troubleshooting and for preparation. Due to my late night posting, I managed to get my Audio-Technica model mixed up. I have an...
  3. monophreak

Splitting signals for a hearing aid and headphone - Balance XLR on the Phonitor 2

After re-reading your reply AnalogSteph and checking the manual, I noticed that (I think) the front headphone out isn't balanced which gives me more options related to Option 2 and I understand your post. From the manual: Outputs Headphone output Warning: Never connect a mono jack cable to the...
  4. monophreak

Thanks AnalogSteph, I completely agree with your opinion on Option 3 being overdressed. I think I will go for that though because I have no idea how the SPL 120V rail technology acts with unbalanced cables and at least I can make a loop of balanced in/outs. Plus, I intend to upgrade my DAC...
  5. monophreak

Hearing and hearing aid recommendations

I have been single sided deaf (left ear) for most of my life and unable to use a hearing aid but due to a working cochlea, had some hearing restored through an older BAHA on a headband. I currently have from about 200Hz to 1.5KHz back with a slope downwards towards 3KHz. I am aiming to get an...
  6. monophreak

Hello Everyone at Audio Science Review! This post is a little bit niche but I can see there is a substantial amount of expertise on this forum. My situation is as follows. I have been Single Sided Deaf (left ear) for most of my life (with a working ear on the right). Fortunately, I recently...
Top Bottom