Recent content by moscoe

1. M

Default setting crossover KEF LSX ii??????

these are the settings I have settled on after several months of listening and fine tuning.
  2. M

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Agreed. In this case, the speakers are rated at 86db, which is probably their 1khz efficiency rating, and I'm sure they dip much lower at lower frequencies. If his speakers are anything like my Kef R series that dip down to about 80db efficiency and 3.2ohm at their worst point, they will...
  3. M

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Yes, external amplifier is necessary for best performance. Lowest efficiency and impedance will likely be in the bass frequencies where DIRAC will have to compensate for room modes, so you'll need the extra oomph from your amp for best bass performance.
  4. M

Review and Measurements of Emotiva XMC-1 Gen 2 Pre/Pro

Yes, it's buggy and slow and I felt a strong desire to throw the unit out the window on more than one occasion while trying to get their custom DIRAC desktop software to work for more than 5 minutes without crashing... But at the price I paid for a refurbished unit the performance and DIRAC...
  5. M

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

Built an amazing little headless Spotify and Airplay streamer using a Rpi4, raspotify and shairport-sync, USB to my DAC>AMP. Took a little fiddling to get it configured, but now it is rock solid and sounds as good as anything.
  6. M

Kef R3 + Stand or R7 ?

Kef R3 all the way. I’d argue it’s a better speaker than the R7 when properly integrated with a sub.
Top Bottom