Recent content by mteetank

1. M

Need help with REW and my setup.

The audio interface I am using did not come with a driver but I will look around. When I first set up the sound card cal file it worked fine and I got a nice flat curve and I have been using that file for my sound card. I decided to see if I created a new sound card cal file if it was like my...
  2. M

No. This graph is what I get when I am mic'ing one speaker. My assumption is that this graph is not a true representation of the sweep due so something not set correctly or ???
  3. M

Need help with REW for measuring speakers. My setup is with the Behringer 8000 into an audio interface then into my laptop. Last night I measured my current two way project and came up with the top graph which is "normal". Today all my readings / graphs. have the distortion dropoffs at 2.4Hz...
  4. M

Advent 350 Power Rectifier Diode Replacement

I completed the install of the 12000uF Power Capacitors in my Advent 350. Fired it up and sounds great. I measured the 43 year old oem 6800 uF capacitors and they were between 5200 uF - 5800 uF. Now I am considering fpitas suggestion of adding a snubber across each diode. I am going to buy the...
  5. M

Snubber Circuits on the power switch? Pros and Cons

Electrocution is not in the plan! :>) I always unplug, check with a meter and then proceed. I really appreciate all the contributors to my post. I learned a lot and now am comfortable with how to proceed.
  6. M

To use the "B" circuit do you put the snubber on the neutral side or the hot side of the switch?
  7. M

That Sounds like a plan! As per the diagram attached I am to use the "A" connection. Any thoughts on why Denon choose to hook it up as in "B". Thanks much!
  8. M

I do like the idea of buying one already made. I also enjoy learning about what makes up the values. So now for installation. The Denon has it in series with the switch. In my internet travels, I have seen that some applications are across the switch (parallel) and in the Denon's case in line...
  9. M

So now for the design. I am going to use a .033uF Film Capacitor 250volts. From everything I have researched I still have no clue as to how to calculate resistor wattage. So if anyone can explain to me the recommended wattage for the 120 ohm resistor and the reasoning behind it I would be most...
  10. M

Hi all, I have a Denon DRA-300 and I believe it has a RC Snubber Circuit on the Power Switch. I am considering making one using the values ( .033uF + 120ohm ) printed on the side (see photo) to install on my recent refurbished Advent 350 to add some protection to the power switch. I have been...
  11. M

Amperage Spec for Bridge Rectifier – Denon DRA-300 Receiver Upgrade

Thanks for the info! I now understand the reasoning to not going too large on the power capacitors. As for the Denon power supply, it does not look to be "robust" so I am increasing in reluctant to add any stress to it. I will need to think about if worth spending the $20-$30 (parts +...
  12. M

Amperage Spec for Bridge Rectifier – Denon DRA-300 Receiver Upgrade

Hi all, I am doing some restoring on my Denon DRA-300. The Denon uses two capacitors in its power circuit. One is 50V 6800uF and one is 5600uF. I have two 50V 12000 uF 20% left over from a previous project. The rectifier is a Shindengen S4VB 4 amp 200volt. Now for my question/ concern. I...
  13. M

Advent 350 Power Rectifier Diode Replacement

Hello, I am replacing the power capacitors in my 1980's Advent 350 Receiver. The capacitors chosen require I increase the ampere rating on the power rectifier diodes. The OEM Diode part number is YAB-010EDI7945. I have not found any cross reference for this number so currently do not know the...
Top Bottom