Recent content by mtmercer

1. M

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

My goal is to have 1 audio output provide function for multiple DACs. I plan to have 3 DACs and 3 Amps. The Allo Digione has 2 SPDIF outputs. Digione Player Output 1 would go to 1 DAC. Digione Player Output 2 would go to the DX7s and the DX7s COAX out would daisy chain to the 3rd DAC (D50)...
  2. M

The COAX OUT function of the Topping DX7s interests me. I like the idea of being able to "daisy-chain" my D50 to the DX7s when it arrives. Will the method used to output the COAX signal degrade the input signal to the DX7s or will it be as high of a quality as the input signal to the DX7s? I...
  3. M

Review and Measurements of Chord Hugo 2 DAC and Headphone Amplifier

so I've opened up the review of the Hugo 2 and the Topping D50. After visually comparing the measurements, it makes me wonder when used strictly as a DAC, what would be an advantage of getting the Hugo 2 (or Chord Qutest assuming it measure the same) over the D50? I've printed out the...
  4. M

Along the same lines as this question, when the DX7s is used in balanced DAC mode, technically which characteristics cancel and which characteristics compound? I assume the DAC should measure better when measured via the balanced outputs. How much better, I have no idea. I just received my...
  5. M

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

1st post. Thanks to Amir to the great info provided in all the reviews! I've ordered this DAC and I plan to pair it with the following linear power supply: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hi-fi-power-supply/audiophonics-linear-regulated-low-noise-power-supply-usb-115v-to-5v-2a-25va-p-12581.html
Top Bottom