Recent content by nastypoker

1. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

So far, pretty good. I am waiting on their response before posting details.
  2. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I received mine and fitted it yesterday. It was a full panel so I needed to swap one board (the one with the comms) from my panel to the replacement one. It appears to be working fine now. I am waiting for a response from D&D on whether I can buy another amp from them to keep as a spare.
  3. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I couldn't find anything for Pascal other than a 1 year warranty. https://www.pascal-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Pascal-RMA-FAQ-Pascal-20220401-1_2.pdf
  4. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Well it took me 45 mins of power cycling to get the faulty speaker to boot up and then it was intermittently working for 5-10 mins before it started working 100%. D&D have said they will ship out a replacement board to me this week so can't fault their service so far. To solve the SQ issue...
  5. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

The cables I bought were specifically marked as 110ohm DMX and AES EBU timecode leads so I hope they are.
  6. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I tried many different options and it made no discernible difference. No I did not. I will try a few combinations tonight. Thanks for the tips. Not sure on the details of what they are proposing to send. He just mentioned the issue is most likely the Pascal amp.
  7. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I did try spotify connect which goes through ethernet but the speaker with the boot up issue sounded AWFUL, stuttering and crackly. The other speak seemed ok but I didn't do a proper listening test because of the bad speaker. I will test again with the one good one!
  8. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I tested my 8c's with analogue input and the glitchy sound doesn't happen. I have been doing more googling and it appears someone else had a similar issue with the MiniDSP SHD and it was something to do with the USB port, either data transfer limits or an earthing issue. I am going to test with...
  9. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Amp in the 8c's is the S-PRO3. https://www.pascal-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/S-PRO-Series_Flyer-1_4.pdf Not sure if it is available direct to consumers. The other boards in the electronics bay are mostly proprietary D&D from what I could see.
  10. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I am in the UK. Currently waiting for a response from what I assume is the NL based D&D office. This morning with everything "cold", the speaker booted up twice without issue. Makes me think that taking the electronics out and putting them back has knocked some connection or loose solder joint...
  11. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Fingers crossed. It would be good if you can update this thread and I will do the same when I have some news. As my issue 3 is affecting both speakers, it seems more likely to be a digital signal issue with my source rather than the speakers and I hope to confirm this by tomorrow.
  12. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Well this is not good news if multiple 8c's are having effectively catastrophic amp failures. How far in the process are you with D&D? Shipping the base board with electronics is fairly easy but I would rather not ship the whole speakers for obvious reasons. That is if they will even offer a...
  13. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I have managed to capture the crackling during playback on video to show what I mean.
  14. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

When you are power cycling 10's of times, these things happen. :p I have taken a video of the switch thing here I just took the base off the speaker to check for any visible issues and can't see any. Ribbon cables all tight. I will note that after putting it back together, it worked...
  15. N

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I don't make any effort either, it is just something I noticed when I didn't click it over quick enough. Just a bit concerning on such a high value piece of equipment.
Top Bottom