Recent content by noname33

1. N

Is "Back to Basics" still possible?

Once you get into a higher end component system like yours --it turns into a monster regarding the $ and work required getting the system fine tuned. Of course its REALLY worth the effort as you have a system w/serious performance. I'm a 33 yr old guy, been into thr home audio hobby for about...
  2. N

Is "Back to Basics" still possible?

Hi there, An AVR is an audio video receiver. It requires all of that "stuff" to do that. It provides audio, video, multiple surround formats and processing to a multichannel surround sound system, generally 6+ and up to a 15 speaker Atmos set-up. Think of a modern AVR as the computer/brains...
  3. N

Integrating Video Sources with 2 Channel System

I still would seriously consider getting a decent reviewed soundbar in 130-250$ price range. There's often many on sale/clearance too. Their much better than lousy TV speakers and simple setup overall. and that would solve your problem with guests coming to your house/tv watching. Why not...
  4. N

PS5 vs UB9000 vs UB820 - 4K UHD Blu Ray Player

Hi there, I wouldn't bother buying the panasonic ub820 or any other expensive player if you already have a ps5 or any 4k hdr blu ray player that works with your setup. It's not worth the 400+$ getting those 2 features that will give you a 2% increase in video performance that you may not even...
  5. N

Have you considered just getting a nice pair of over-ear bluetooth headphones ? You could drink your wine and listen to music however you like anywhere. You could even watch movies or tv content via bluetooth paired to TV or wired connection. Even a pair of Sony wh1000xm3 or new xm4(350$)...
  6. N

3-Way Center Channel Only Solution?

Hi there, It really depends what your budget is? you have some different options. you could get a better/higher quality more powerful soundbar + sub option. You could get a decent inexpensive 5.1 system such as example- jbl bar 3.1, or 5.1 system- 5.1 version is bluetooth system under 500$...
  7. N

Unfortunately " Doodski" is right. if you took my audio system and put it in your apartment you would get evicted very quickly. Remember a good soundbar + possibly? sub combo could also be a good simple/option.
  8. N

Hi there, your primary goal is a 2 channel or 2.1 system for your TV setup. I wouldn't bother spending ALOT of your budget on av receiver unless you want a multichannel surround system setup. If you're current dated avr is a higher end model (1500$ +up retail new; think Denon 3800s series or...
  9. N

Yamaha DSP-Z7 (or RX-Z7): obsolete?

Hello there, The Yamaha rx z7 is a VERY good receiver and always will be. It's one of the best 7.1 avr in 2010 era w/ performance measurements/ reviews to back it up. It doesn't REALLY need to be measured and compared against new high end atmos avr receivers. It's kinda pointless Its...
Top Bottom