Recent content by nsense

1. N

Help in deciding which between Yamaha HS8 and JBL mkII 308p

The maximum retail price PER SPEAKER is 28150 INR (~ $385 US) and here in India, Amazon sells them at around 14k INR (~ $190 US), which is inclusive of all taxes and stuff. Although, I guess they sell for around $250 in the US last I checked
  2. N

India, (I converted the prices to USD just in case others might find it more convenient)
  3. N

Since I'm 98% sure I won't be buying anything but the monitors, I'd like to get the best I can within budget, and yes, I agree, when it comes to listening distance, it'll probably be around 4-5 feet, that is from ears to speaker axis, around my desk forming the equilateral triangle sorta...
  4. N

Thank you for clearing that up, I'll take my pick with between the 308p and the LP8s! :)
  5. N

They don't retail that around here where I live, first off, and secondly, for the size of my studio, I will need 8inch monitors. I can get my hands on the LP8s though, what'd you think of those?
  6. N

My dealer would be Amazon :P as they're letting me have flat 50% off per speaker when it comes to the JBL 308p monitor. (No discount on the HS8s though). I most likely cannot spend on room measurements and calibration and such, so any crossover grey areas, well I'll have to learn the monitors...
  7. N

Where I live, the hs8 pair sells for about 650 USD, so my budget would be no more than that
  8. N

I'm not technically a newbie, but wasn't sure where this thread goes. I have a 18'×14' studio space (which will be acoustically treated) and I'm looking to buy my first and only pair of studio monitors for some hobbyist and freelancing mixing and mastering and independent music and covers etc...
  9. N

Prospective 8" affordable studio monitor buyer, need suggestions.

This really helps in strengthening my decision, thanks!
  10. N

My studio is somewhere around 16ft×13ft in area, and my mix position will be around 5 feet from each speaker in an equilateral triangular shape, if that makes sense
  11. N

As of now, I have the JBL mkII 308p in mind, but would it be a worthy purchase? Or could I do better IN A SIMILAR PRICE RANGE? Ideally, anywhere between 400-500USD for a pair is a feasible range for me. PS: I'm new to this forum, apologies if I've posted under the wrong category.
Top Bottom