Recent content by Ottacat

1. O

SMSL M500 - Owners' Thread

In Roon, I have the M500 enabled as Decoder and Renderer. However, because I use Roon DSP, it is Roon core that does the decode and the M500 is doing just the Render. If I turn off DSP, then Roon will have the M500 do both the Decode and Render (the signal path in Roon is so helpful). In both...
  2. O

I have my M500 connected to a Raspberry Pi 4 via WiFi to connect to my Roon core. My Roon core is running on an older laptop, also via WiFi. I don't get any dropouts with MQA files. I only have about 10 albums in my library, the rest is all streamed from Tidal.
  3. O

Maybe SMSL Mandy can comment. I can say from personal experience that I often listen to playlists with a combination of MQA and non-MQA tracks and I haven't heard any pops.
  4. O

I'd love to read such a comparison. I can't wrap my head around paying over twice the price while also losing the built-in amp of the M500. I know the form factor is obviously different so maybe people are buying it to more easily stack with an amp.
  5. O

Good to know, all the same, thanks.
  6. O

New owner here. I purchased it from Amazon in Canada. Received software V1.6 and hardware V1.3, 2020-3-2. From my readings this is current. Also, there are no more downloadable firmware updates on the SMSL support website so if the OP is still around then the first post should be updated. Love...
  7. O

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Current Audeze LCD-2 Focal Elegia Byerdynamic DT 770 Pro (80 ohm) Sold Hifiman Sundara Sennheiser 6xx
Top Bottom