Recent content by pepito

1. P

Which Room Correction Software is This?

Does anyone know which room correction software represents the red line? The study lists all the different room correction software used but doesn’t say which lines represent which products. Source...
  2. P

Spectral Power Distribution

I really want to thank you for the detailed explanation.
  3. P

It wasn't obvious to me since I didn't think that decibels would be the same as radiance.
  4. P

Posted this in the general forum but think is more relevant here. Is it possible to see what spectral power distribution of different types of speaker drivers are? The following are spectra of different types of projectors and displays: The Y-axis represents the radiance of a surface per...
  5. P

So, the frequency response essentially represents the spectral power distribution of any given speaker?
  6. P

Most important metrics for home theatre

Which standards can I look out for?
  7. P

I’ve just purchased a pair of the Emotiva Airmotiv B1+ based on all the positive reviews. Do you think this is a good buy? The other three I was looking at were the JBL A130, the Polk XT20 and Elac Debut B5.2. Regarding the subwoofer and integrated amp, I’ll take that on board. Which budget...
  8. P

Is it possible to see what spectral power distribution of different types of speaker drivers are? The following are spectra of different types of projectors and displays: The Y-axis represents the radiance of a surface per unit frequency or wavelength. The units along the Y-axis would be...
  9. P

That's interesting. I always thought that wider is better. A bigger sweet spot to experience the best sound.
  10. P

What do you look at when you want to see if a speaker has good dynamic capabilities? What metrics/graphs do you focus on? I'm looking for speakers for my own home theatre setup. What speakers do you recommend in the budget category? This will be my first home theatre setup so will be starting...
  11. P

If you were creating an Atmos system, say a 5.1.4 or 7.1.4 system wouldn't dipole speakers negatively impact the Atmos experience?
  12. P

By directivity I assume you mean the early reflections directivity index?
  13. P

After watching Erin's video at Erin's Audio Corner about the differences between the criteria when selecting speaker for home theatre use and for music listening, I thought I'd open a discussion here to see what other people thought. In summary, Erin pointed out that for home theatre preference...