Recent content by poldo

1. P

Fiio K19 looks like a versatile beast

By the way, that piece of terse info from the FIIO site is wrong/out of date at least as far as the R9 is concerned (I don't think the K19 can possibly be worse!): today I got my Sony UBP-X800M2, connected its HDMI Audio to the HDMI in of my R9 and no problem at all decoding the DSD streams of...
  2. P

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

Hi. I'm going your way (likewise have to handle only ~30 SACDs, etc) and totally agree. What would you recommend about feeding external power to the box (is the polarity and amperage clear?!?) vs hdmi power and about using I2S vs coax/optical? Thanks!
  3. P

Yes, but too bad for the DSD decoding, I think it would be useful in some cases. Given the hardware, it would be feasible to implement it in a new firmware? Certainly the DACs themselves are ready, and they seem to generally care about DSD. I have quite a few rather rare physical SACDs and for...
  4. P

Good points. By the way, the R9 too has got the rather rare HDMI-in useful together with Blu-ray players as music players: I had no idea before the K19 attracted my attention!?!
  5. P

I guess the HDMIs imply it's also able to convert the DSD streams of SACDs? I just ordered a UBP-X800M2 ;)
Top Bottom