popej's latest activity

• popej
    Can you play mp4 or blu-ray files? Probably not on Marantz.
  • popej
    Connect it to switch, router, PC, laptop, RPi and check connection status. I wouldn't expect anything other than 100Mbit. Audio doesn't...
  • popej
    popej replied to the thread Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review.
    It could be about 5W per channel. Probably half of that, it is in 4 Ohm mode or eco auto with low volume.
  • popej
    IMO it is source like Blu-ray or TV box, which turn TV on with CEC command. Denon AVR is not helpful.
  • popej
    popej replied to the thread Targets for Dirac Live.
    I have tested curves for different reference level. I have used 85dB, 80dB and 75dB. It turned out, that curves are quite similar. Not...
  • popej
    Can't you set variable output level on TV? Should be possible, if TV outputs PCM over optical. Not the best solution, but usable.
  • popej
    In most cases 8 Ohm and Eco - Auto should give you both: high power when needed and low heating (longer MTBF) when playing quietly.
  • popej
    popej replied to the thread Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?.
    Tidal on GTV plays Atmos gapless. Or I can't hear any gaps on Eric Clapton live. Tidal on Android is using pass-through, I guess that...
  • popej
    I would gladly test, but I don't own Apple TV and I can't see any alternative.
  • popej
    I have tried Tidal, because I was interested in Atmos. The only way I can play multichannel from Tidal is to use Tidal app on Google TV...
  • popej
    popej replied to the thread A Call For Humor!.
    Downhill :)
  • popej
    Pioneer has 9 bands EQ. This can be used for loudness, but I don't know how precise are EQ settings. Assuming that we set Dirac for flat...
  • popej
    Yes, that's the idea. I don't know if Harman slope should change with volume, I think we can experiment a bit.
  • popej
    I have replaced my Yamaha AVR with Pioneer. While Yamaha does its room correction automatically, Dirac Live expect users to provide...
  • popej
    popej replied to the thread Harman Curve for the Low End.
    Problem is, that my hearing adapts to curve and I can use many variants. That is why I look for some advice how to design a target...
Top Bottom