Recent content by popej

1. popej

Marantz NR1200 Stereo Receiver Review

Can you play mp4 or blu-ray files? Probably not on Marantz.
  2. popej

Marantz NR1200 Stereo Receiver Review

Connect it to switch, router, PC, laptop, RPi and check connection status. I wouldn't expect anything other than 100Mbit. Audio doesn't use much bandwidth and current AVRs can't even process multichannel over Ethernet. There is more reason for TV to get faster connection, but I think it is...
  3. popej

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

It could be about 5W per channel. Probably half of that, it is in 4 Ohm mode or eco auto with low volume.
  4. popej

IMO it is source like Blu-ray or TV box, which turn TV on with CEC command. Denon AVR is not helpful.
  5. popej

Targets for Dirac Live

I have tested curves for different reference level. I have used 85dB, 80dB and 75dB. It turned out, that curves are quite similar. Not for the same SPL, but for the same difference between reference and SPL. For the range of volume we use, results are within 0.2dB. Here I attach curves designed...
  6. popej

Recommendation: DAC to connect active speakers to TV

Can't you set variable output level on TV? Should be possible, if TV outputs PCM over optical. Not the best solution, but usable.
  7. popej

In most cases 8 Ohm and Eco - Auto should give you both: high power when needed and low heating (longer MTBF) when playing quietly.
  8. popej

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

Tidal on GTV plays Atmos gapless. Or I can't hear any gaps on Eric Clapton live. Tidal on Android is using pass-through, I guess that Apple is decoding locally. Does Apple Music play gapless?
  9. popej

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

I would gladly test, but I don't own Apple TV and I can't see any alternative.
  10. popej

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

I have tried Tidal, because I was interested in Atmos. The only way I can play multichannel from Tidal is to use Tidal app on Google TV. Tidal app is really bad. There is no possibility to configure it at all. Volume difference between Atmos and stereo is about 12-15dB and no reply gain option...
  11. popej

A Call For Humor!

Downhill :)
  12. popej

Targets for Dirac Live

Pioneer has 9 bands EQ. This can be used for loudness, but I don't know how precise are EQ settings. Assuming that we set Dirac for flat frequency response and reference level is 85dB SPL, then EQ for lower SPL would be following: freq: 63 125 250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000...
  13. popej

Targets for Dirac Live

Yes, that's the idea. I don't know if Harman slope should change with volume, I think we can experiment a bit.
  14. popej

Targets for Dirac Live

I have replaced my Yamaha AVR with Pioneer. While Yamaha does its room correction automatically, Dirac Live expect users to provide target curve. Now I'm trying to get the sound I like. My target consist of Harman curve with added loudness correction. Actually I have prepared a whole set of...
  15. popej

Harman Curve for the Low End

Problem is, that my hearing adapts to curve and I can use many variants. That is why I look for some advice how to design a target, which can be expected to be "preferred by most". My current setting is loudness curve for listening at 60dB SPL with assumed reference level 85dB plus 5dB flat...
Top Bottom