Recent content by Poyopoyo

1. P

Upgrade strategies

I mean, ppm stuff etc (parts per million defective rate) the quality metrics are very good for consumer products Japanese style
  2. P

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

As a former AKM employee, you might find interesting that AKM specs are usually under the reality. They tend to put the worst cases (or impossible cases!) as typical value... also their consumer products are often closed to automotive quality which is usually much higher.
  3. P

Upgrade strategies

Thanks for all these hints! Regarding the RME ADI-2 Fs, I have seen in the related thread that: "Not only it performs great, but it exceeds the specs of the chip itself!" As a former AKM employee, you might find interesting that AKM specs are usually under the reality. They tend to put the worst...
  4. P

Upgrade strategies

Wooo this forum rocks ! I used to read a lot of posts but took some time to send my first post :D
  5. P

Upgrade strategies

Thanks for that, I assume speaker parametric equalization can only be done through a PC software right? or any chance to do it in an another way?
  6. P

Upgrade strategies

Thanks Wes, got it. my speakers are quite an old gear (around 1999) http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/focal/cobalt-815.html I understand I should go to showrooms first and audition much better speakers before moving to a new audio approach
  7. P

Upgrade strategies

Thanks too for your advices Cahudson42 :D I must admit I am surprised that my good old amp still offers a nice performance in this price range! I always loved his performance and my feeling is that it matches well with my speakers. Anyway I feel bad when I see the current physical...
  8. P

Upgrade strategies

Thanks GDK, based on your answer, I understand that to go further in Hifi equipment, I would have to change the speakers first in the future. OK I will investigate more about this room correction approach. I guess it can be achieved only through a PC software.
  9. P

Upgrade strategies

Hi guys, I have been passionate about Audio / Hifi since I was 18 years old. And even a few years before with my Amiga computer / Soundtracker / external Acquisition board :D I even worked for AKM (chip maker) about 10 years ago and supported some non-Hifi projects. But let's be honest, I am...
Top Bottom