Recent content by RayD8r

1. R

Battle of RCA Cables: Mogami, Amazon, Monoprice

I've been using RCA cables for audio since the mid 80s. I've used dollar store cables and I've used cables that cost in the hundreds. I have not had any problems with any of them that were in good condition. I did not hear any difference in sound quality or have any noise issues with any of...
  2. R

Dirac in the 2021 Onkyo AVRs

OK, So I should be ok then because the one I have now is a TX-SR393 that I bought new in March of this year and the manufacturing sticker on the back of the unit says 7/20. It doesn't get very hot even at pretty heavy volumes and where I am 95% music oriented I don't use the ARC because it takes...
  3. R

Greetings!

I am still keeping a positive outlook on the situation and it also only boils down to the fact that I'm kinda just being a miser because I have something wrong with my car and don't want to spend too much on my speakers until I get that straightened out and that's really only an issue because I...
  4. R

Greetings!

So I rushed when ordering those JBL speakers and I am now seeing all kinds of options for dual 6.5" floor standers and as usual am kicking myself for not having some patience. I found the JBL Stage 180 series dual 6.5" for $239 each, Stage 170 @ $179 ea (same price I paid for the studio series)...
  5. R

Is it because of limitations in technology? Or just because someone is too lazy to build one?
  6. R

Greetings!

I should have them Tuesday according to my tracking info but I was looking at specs again and apparently the specs that I was looking at before I purchased them are inaccurate because upon re examining the differences between them and my S-809s a second time to tell a friend about them, I...
  7. R

I had a TX-SR353 previous to my current one that I bought new when it first became available and sold it with some extra Jamo Studio series speakers I had left after buying 2 different "kits" from Adorama to get the "kit" that I wanted. It still worked as good as the day I bought it and didn't...
  8. R

I seem to have the same fate:rolleyes:
  9. R

Greetings!

I don't think the filters and the Accu-Eq do work at the same time, I usually only set the Accu-Eq on if I'm watching a movie or set the AVR to All Channel Stereo to have all the speakers on for music, but If I'm just tuning out on the couch I set the AVR to 2.1 for my towers and turn on zone 2...
  10. R

Greetings!

Listening room is 12x15 but the way I have to situate my furniture is weird because of the way the place is as far as egress, the single window I have to the outside world, outlets; power, cable, and phone line for internet and entertainment and I have a bunch of plants to consider as far as...
  11. R

Greetings!

Hi all, I just joined. I'm shopping for some floor standing "tower" speakers and in racking my brain with, like everything nowadays, the overwhelming number of options. I get a headache going to get BBQ sauce for my burgers at the grocery store so this is definitely a challenge for me. I've been...
  12. R

I missed out!

I live in Denver, CO and I'm an audio nut and I had no idea this was even a thing! Wow, I guess I'm not the audio nut I think I am. I'm still having a hard time processing the fact that I missed out on something like this. I have only heard of it here and I just joined as I am shopping for some...
Top Bottom