Recent content by richard51

1. richard51

sound stage in headphones

Here are a few sets of PowerPoint slides from Dr David Griesinger for you to peruse. http://www.davidgriesinger.com/Binaural_hearing_and_headphones.ppt http://www.davidgriesinger.com/binaural_hearing.ppt...
  2. richard51

sound stage in headphones

The fact that we can hear a 3-D "out of the head" soundfield with headphone, or a 3/D surrounding soundfield in a room "out of the plane of the 2 speakers", are not only "brain" effects but psycho-acoustic phenomena related to specific disposition in physical acoustic .... I managed with...
  3. richard51

How do you hear headphone 'soundstage'

You singled yourself out.... The polls show here from the beginning that most people dont experience at all what you lived through with ALL iems... :) And i only claimed that we are all different, then you are too..... Then the only person which single himself out is you claimig here...
  4. richard51

After all each brain is connected in his own way through his own sound history .... Your brain did not match most other brain.... It is probably a characteristic of your own internal brain DSP ...... Thanks for your answers....
  5. richard51

I dont think that your experience reflect the experience of most people with their headphones and IEMS but i cannot explain it.... ;) I never experienced a 3-d out of the speaker plane soundfield before my dedicated acoustic room... I never experienced a 3-d out of the head soundfield with...
  6. richard51

Which IEMS ? it is good to know.... Thanks... If we read the results of this solderdude polls, it is not so frequent for most people, neither for me, with9out a dedicated acoustic room when i was using speakers and without the K340 with headphones... If i read you well you suggest that you...
  7. richard51

Thanks but this metamaterials is in the drivers... In the K340 the resonators are real acoustic devices outside of the hybridated 2 drivers cells... Characteristic of the membrane by itself will not create a 3-D filling the room out of the head experience.... It takes acoustic device to help...
  8. richard51

This is a very informative thread.... Thanks to the Op.... For sure 3-D "out of the head" soundfield, is related to the headphone acoustic tuning and design, and to the recording acoustic trade-off of each music album.... Most headphones, at least the 8 i ever owned, dont have acoustical...
  9. richard51

Crazy ass Audio tweaking

Dont be excited too much, or too soon i promise I will be silent like a stone...
  10. richard51

Crazy ass Audio tweaking

Thanks for this magnificent Russian song...that depict perfectly my "illusion"....
  11. richard51

Crazy ass Audio tweaking

Dear Sal1950 you think right...But I do not say all that expecting you to believe me for sure...But dont throw the baby with the bath waters and dont start a war about subjectivist and objectivist...Buy some cheap stones throw them on your electrical grid and call that an audio day....Myself I...
  12. richard51

Crazy ass Audio tweaking

I begin with the central electrical panel of my house in the basement, I put some quartz the first time and that in some way clean the sound... Impress by that ridiculous tweak, I go on with different stones, and impress by the results,varying results depending of the kind of stones used,i carry...
  13. richard51

Crazy ass Audio tweaking

Very interesting thread...I myself listen in nearfield,in a small almost square room, and I treated the room myself without alas! any other means than my ears, gradually,with cheap granular foam panels of different density...The end results were night and day....But I decide one day to clean the...
  14. richard51

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

I bought a dac2 from starting point system, a nos dac with internal battery, with tda 1543 chip.... Rightly installed in a clean system he sound so good that for the price paid, too low to be named here :), on an ebay bid I am astounded...The design of this dac is so minimalistic that I think...
Top Bottom