Recent content by rkeman

1. R

Do we really need to EQ the room?

The room has substantial effect on the low frequency response of any loudspeaker. Careful placement of the loudspeaker and listener, acoustic treatment and a quality room equalization solution can yield significant benefit in nearly all domestic rooms. More uniform bass and lower midrange...
  2. R

Stereophile's snide editorial on ASR and Amir

Stereophile has no reason to fear ASR. The changing market for audio equipment and aging audiophiles are much more dangerous.
  3. R

JBL Array 880 Review (Center Speaker)

The speaker is discontinued. There would be no real reason to favor it unless the dealer had the product in stock.
  4. R

Do Room EQ ruin stereo soundstage and speaker coherency ?

Acoustic and electronic room correction is indispensable in most domestic listening rooms. Audyssey XT32 is a reasonably good system and benefits from careful optimization. Try to define an 18” cube surrounding the principle listening position (ear level in the center of the cube). Imaging is...
  5. R

Audiofools turned objectivists or vice-versa?

My objectivist side serves to provide my subjectivist side with the best possible listening experience!
  6. R

Review and Measurements of Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amplifier

Stax amplifiers use the high voltage tubes can handle to drive the electrostatic elements without output transformers. This is a substantial advantage and saves a lot of cost and weight.
  7. R

Review and Measurements of Class D Audio CDA-250C Amp

The Class D Audio SDS-470C has served as the amplifier driving a custom four subwoofer array in my home theater for about five years. Each channel powers two paralleled 8 ohm Acoustic Elegance SBP-15, each housed in sealed 6 cubic foot enclosures and equalized for flat in-room response to 16 Hz...
Top Bottom