Recent content by RobertSc

1. R

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

It will be with a C at the end of the serial number which means you get the ESS chip. Take a look at the current manual (which will be the best manual you ever read I am sure) and its all in there near the beginning - There was a problem obtaining AK chips so they switched to ESS. They also say...
  2. R

The treble on the Sennheiser HD660 S is just .... wrong

Agree. I use my Sennheiser HD660s for studio mixing, and with the Sony NW1A walkman (equalized with a bit of mid and bass boost) - and they sound amazing. Don't have any issue with treble. Also, worth noting that these headphones sound warmer after about 100 hours use.
  3. R

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Indeed, and it will sound amazing after 2 weeks burn-in. :))
  4. R

I run the RME through the thx sp200 first (and outputting to the Audiolab power amp). Just because it's convenient to have 2 sources and better volume control. I set the sp200 to low-gain at 10/11 o'clock volume and use the remote for the RME output control. This goes to about -10 to 14db...
  5. R

I'd agree.. The interface is irritating but you get used to it once you understand the way to do things. I have the new version RME ADI-2 dac (with new AK Dac chip) and after about 2 weeks burn-in it's sounding superb. Detailed, revealing, powerful DSP when you need it. I think paring will make...
  6. R

The new RME adi-2 dac is out, and I received mine 2-3 days ago in the very first batch for UK/EU. US delivery should be before xmas. You can connect directly to the power amp to listen on speakers from phones connection on RME but I connect it to the new SMSL SP200 thx amp and use SE phones to...
  7. R

I didn't expect you buy another unit, but i saw RME's message that they will supply you one in a few weeks, so that's great. Will be interesting to see the difference between measurements, but I am sure RME would not change anything unless there was an improvement. I have also heard that there...
  8. R

Might be worth a re-test of the upgraded RME Adi-2 now that it has a new dac, improved analogue circuitry and bonus of a new remote? (Disclosure mine is arriving tomorrow:) "The updated ADI-2 DAC uses AKM's AK4493 in a special circuit variant developed by RME engineers that allows the chip to...
  9. R

'HiFi Amp PA3S' Portable Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifier

I bought one of these from China off Ebay because of the claimed high specs, all for under $200 delivered to UK - Fully balanced architecture, 4.4mm balanced output, 3 levels of gain independently left and right channels. Notably there is no manual that comes with but it does come with a usb...
Top Bottom