Recent content by scotchrocks

1. S

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

I've had my 3 channel NCx500 installed for a few weeks now, and it has been excellent so far. I've always had issues with clarity and harshness at higher volumes when I ran my KEF R700/R600 LCR setup through my AVR's amps (Marantz SR7012). The theater seating position is pretty far back (13-14...
  2. S

Marantz Cinema 30

I've been debating on getting either a C40 or C30 to replace my old SR7012, mostly to improve the SNR and try using Dirac. I just started running Buckeye external amps (NCx500 for LCR and NC502MP for surrounds/height), so I would probably only use the AVR in pre-amp mode. I wonder if the extra...
  3. S

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

The S/N ratio is listed for the X6800H as 102 dB; this is the same that Denon claims for the X8500HA. Hopefully, third party measurements will be able to confirm this, but it's probably fairly representative since Masimo knows it's going to be measured. They don't bother listing S/N ratios for...
  4. S

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

After reading the reviews here and getting a hefty open-box discount, I recently decided to pick up a pair of these. They arrived in like-new condition, and I've been extremely impressed overall. I have an HD800S that I bought a couple years ago that I run with my RME ADI-2 Pro, and while it...
Top Bottom