Recent content by Shoegazer

1. Shoegazer

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

I stuffed my Q350's with cotton & subjectively haven't noticed a difference in their sound other than that it got rid of the midrange resonances I heard on a few ambient tracks at higher SPL's & the cabinet sidewalls vibrate significantly less now. It may have changed the frequency response on...
  2. Shoegazer

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

I've since stuffed my Q350's with damping material (...cotton shirts) & it actually seems to have worked at eliminating rattle from one one of them completely. The other didn't work as well for some reason, but now has to be several DB louder than I would listen to trigger the buzz, so the...
  3. Shoegazer

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

I've discovered a resonance (buzz/rattle) in my Q350's that is not present in my Q950 towers or Q650c center channel. I've only heard this on a particular part of a particular piece of ambient music. I looped the offending part & listened closely to the speakers & it seems like the binding...
  4. Shoegazer

Review and Measurements of NAD T758 V3 AVR

I had two seperate T758 V'3's (one with the old module, one with the newer) & both exhibited distortion like you're describing. I first noticed it with ambient music when notes are bare. It was usually inaudible when there's a lot of sound going on. With headphones plugged into the 758, no...
  5. Shoegazer

Interesting, thanks. I assume the noise is coming from all speakers? I am powering my mains with an external amp as well & although I hear the noise in every speaker, it is louder using the NAD's preouts to an amp.
  6. Shoegazer

If you're still following this thread, can you post a recording of the hiss you hear when using an external amp? I'm having the same problem. I have a staticy high pitched buzzing sound that is louder (to the point of audible from listening seat) when I use the pre-outs. Mine gets worse with...
  7. Shoegazer

Interesting. Is the noise you hear from your 758 identical to the one in the audio clip?
  8. Shoegazer

Can someone identify this noise I'm hearing through the T758 with the volume high? Is it electrical interference from my house? I'm hearing it from both analog & digital inputs though the pitch of the ringing changes with each input. Analog bypass reduces the noise (though still there) & keeps...
  9. Shoegazer

I've arrived here after strongly considering this avr & am now facing dilemma. Would running an external dac bypass the receivers inferior on-board dac or is the sound still going to get mucked up either way? Is the power amp section decent or poor? I don't quite understand some of the stuff...
Top Bottom