Recent content by Slot

1. Slot

Best software options for linux music streaming server that can also play local headless?

The music server runs on Linux, the music players run on several platforms - Android, iOS, MacOs and Windows. Re-reading this thread, I'd say that Windows has been mentioned, rather than discussed.
  2. Slot

Best software options for linux music streaming server that can also play local headless?

Well done on getting that all sorted. That's a great app - I use it on my Windows desktop too I use SqueezePlayer (AUD 6.49) on an old Nexus 7 tablet along with Material Skin in a browser, connected via 3.5mm jack to a portable speaker, that is my workshop player Haven't tried this one...
  3. Slot

Another mention for Logitech Media Server. I have mine playing to several different players, including a Google Chromecast Audio connected to a portable speaker, an AVR via Airplay, an old Android tablet connected to a Bluetooth speaker, and a Raspberry Pi 3 running piCorePlayer, connected to a...
  4. Slot

Top 5 streamer devices by ASR community

Interesting. I have a Gen 1 Chromecast lying around, and need to add a new Bluetooth speaker to my LMS-based home audio setup. Does this mean that it's possible with the old CC and an HDMI splitter?
  5. Slot

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

Sure. So I have a 4GB Raspberry Pi 4, running Raspberry Pi OS, with Docker. I am running 4 containers altogether (Pi-Hole, Portainer, VPN server and LMS). I used the lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver image from the Docker Hub. I have setup the LMS config and playlist folders to be external to...
  6. Slot

Thanks - I think that I have solved it. Had a look at the Airplay prefs file and noticed a small difference to the Chromecast one. A simple edit to "align" them, followed by restarting LMS seemed to solve it. So it is working pretty well now, I can stream the same music to different rooms...
  7. Slot

Some feedback. I managed to deploy the Logitech Media Server on my existing Raspberry Pi 4, in a Docker container. It sees my music collection on the NAS via a mounted share, and I have the LMS config and playlist folders located outside the container so I can back them up, and won't lose them...
  8. Slot

Thanks, however I was planning to install LMS on an existing Pi that is already running two other applications in Docker containers. Then I can add dedicated Pi-based endpoints running picoreplayer or moode.
  9. Slot

Brand new to forum, looking for guidance setting up raspberry pi 4 as dedicated music server, the best player to use, no streaming.

There is lots of good stuff on this forum, have a read here for a thread relevant to your questions.
  10. Slot

Thanks all for the responses - very helpful. So if I understand correctly, I could run LMS (with plugins for CCA and Airplay) in a Docker container on my existing Rpi4, with a mounted share to the music on my NAS (which is always on). And then use a suitable controller app on my iphone...
  11. Slot

Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster. I've been doing a lot of reading on networked audio streaming, and am looking for some advice. This looks like the right place. TL;DR: looking to setup the ability to stream FLAC files from my NAS to various speakers around the house, using an...
Top Bottom