Recent content by SpectrogramFan

1. S

Any SPECTROGRAM experts? have a question/wondering if my idea is possible

the rise-time that you talk about, actually is what I thought to be a problem, because if there are two (incredibly) rapid events, and the first one is quieter, I don't have a reliable way to tell apart if the first event is part of the rapid onset, or a different one, I'll have to research to...
  2. S

could you explain what is meant by "This plot is normalized to the loudest part of each frequency band within the snippet"? I'm missing that piece of info to fully understand what you may be getting at (plus - do the dotted black lines on the loudest pulse have anything to do with it? did you...
  3. S

surprised by the many replies, really an amazing community, I'll try to give you a clearer idea of this, since I've done some more research and I'm still not 100% sure of whether my exact scope is possible or impossible (I may have over simplified it in my post): TWO important things that I...
  4. S

So when you have a .wav file, open it on audacity (or any other software which allows spectrogram), it instantly converts the sound into this beautiful 2D graph Now let's say the background audio is mostly silent And the only sound that is being heard from time to time is gunshots, so every...
Top Bottom