Recent content by stagehanddan

1. S

noob here, does anyone do measurements of pro audio speakers?

The TS412 recommended has a 12" driver in a two way design. I just worry about cone resonance causing problems because the cone is so large. If I can get the TS408s to cross over to a sub at a decent frequency I don't think volume will be a big issue. The venue is only around 2,000 ft^2 and...
  2. S

Yes, I know off axis is an issue, especially when you're trying to cover an area, not a single sweet spot. I would assume that pro audio speaker manufacturers should be even more aware of that than home audio just because of the way pro audio speakers are used. I hope that Alto designed them...
  3. S

Looking to build a small PA systems for parties

I've done a few festivals and I've never seen the miles of speaker cable that would be required to wire every speaker individually or the huge racks of amps that you would need to do that. Most of the stuff I do is not festival scale but I did EDC a couple times and if that isn't festival...
  4. S

I am always on a budget and I have had a nice experience with an Alto Professional Truemix 800 analog mixer doing sound in a small venue. I would love to upgrade the speakers to JBL EON710s but they are expensive. The reason why I like them is that they are bi-amplified and have a built in...