Recent content by Steven Holt

1. Steven Holt

Finally, TOPPING speaker

Now, this should be interesting...
  2. Steven Holt

What speakers do you currently own?

Absolutely beautiful, Matt -- thanks for sharing.
  3. Steven Holt

What speakers do you currently own?

The KEF Q150, driven by the Topping PA3s with a vintage Marantz 2220 as a preamp.
  4. Steven Holt

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

A man after my own heart....
  5. Steven Holt

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

Well, now. I have immense respect for Amir and ASR. Thanks to ASR, I have several pieces of gear, all excellent and modestly - priced. But that's not my point. As I will tell anyone who will listen, SINAD is important -- up to a point. But there is an audible limit to its importance...
  6. Steven Holt

Audio Note speakers

Matt, what do you mean 'can't stop listening'? Your Old Lady calls from the other room, I pretty much guarantee you'll stop listening!!
  7. Steven Holt

Far too many people on this forum are getting way too hung up on SINAD. On any amp measured that exceeds the 'double zeros' vs the 'double zero' amp, yr not gonna hear a damn bit of difference (provided that yr not a bat or a dog.)
  8. Steven Holt

Only on paper, my friend. In my living room, not so much.
  9. Steven Holt

Unpopular Opinions in Music

It's not that I hate TS, I just don't get her. Her music lacks the 'musical maturity' I like to see, IMO. I do love Lana Del Ray, though....
  10. Steven Holt

BEIJING Motor Show

Did any American makers present at this show?
  11. Steven Holt

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Oh, I'll jump in. My best purchases, for the money -- 1) Koss Kph30i headphones. These punch way, way above their price. 2) Yamaha RX397 Stereo Receiver, $10, local goodwill shop. Works like a charm and Yamaha quality. 3) Marantz 2220 Stereo Receiver, paid nothing, a gift from my brother...
  12. Steven Holt

New Sony Headphones

What you say is true, and that is exactly why people should evaluate these 'phones without prejudice. I never let the words 'gaming headset' color my thoughts about headphones. They may be stinkers, they may be gems -- you never know until you LISTEN.
  13. Steven Holt

New Sony Headphones

Sony has released a new headphone, the Pulse Elite. Planar Magnetic drivers. 150USD Initial reviews seem to be favorable. So, does anyone have these? What do you think?
  14. Steven Holt

Nice Cure mix of "Just Like Heaven." What is the digital audio resolution on a YouTube video like this? I know it is lossy and far from Red Book?

After reviewing my reply, and listening to your examples, perhaps I was a bit hasty. Certainly the codec is less important that the recording. Thank you for helping me on my learning experience.
Top Bottom