Recent content by superbluecat

1. S

Neumann KH80 II / Genelec 8320 With USB in Future Product?

My room is kind of small so I need to make a triangle of about 95cm. 5 inch may get too off axis within 1 meter (unless 8331); on the other hand genelec also has larger hiss level so I still do neumann. I think you are correct that dsp can break the musical property for certain frequency...
  2. S

I see. Make sure to use MA1 microphone calibration though. If that sound comes from certain resonance, you need to calibrate the response curve to flat; or the problem may persist for 5-inch model. A pity that I do not have enough budget or large room for 5-inch desktop settings.
  3. S

KH80 + MA1 how is software config support so far?

Just overwrite other things with ipad first; set ipad calibration to default; then use ma1 to calibrate. Only dsp will get overwriten. I think that works well:)
  4. S

Went with topping e70 + KH80. Happy with below 0db hissing and flat response after calibration.
  5. S

Kali Second Wave Speakers Hiss Level?

I would continue if no exact data point... According to this review on bilibili, 【全网首测,K&L IN-UNF多定位娱乐混音监听音箱。-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/NgwQf1j, at 2:50, saying Kali IN UNF has same hiss as 8020. Let's assume that all second wave large speakers cannot have lower power than those tiny ones. I guess...
  6. S

I see. So that 17dB of KH 310 should be already cranked down. All Neumanns should have 20dB@10cm.
  7. S

Try anything in your room at 12am with any AC turned off. If still dead silent you may want to worry a bit...
  8. S

Trying to get a precise estimate of self-generated noise level on Kali LP V2 and IN V2 models. Heard lots of folks say they are silent and less noise than V1. But how much exactly? Though somebody made this form...
  9. S

Power Consumption of DAC and Speakers at a Moderate SPL Level?

KH80 claims to have 14k ohms XLR in specification. Not sure if that means a lot more power in real scenerio.
  10. S

Power Consumption of DAC and Speakers at a Moderate SPL Level?

I would like to begin with my setting: I am connecting a Topping E70 (ESS 9028 Pro, possibly that chip operates at 1 watt with highest sample rate?) to two KH80 monitor speakers (200W maximum power for each, 114dB). Sampling 32 bit and 96kHz. However, I am listening at only 0.95m, and I control...
  11. S

Has anyone tried if ma1 is overwriting the standby config by Neumann.control?
  12. S

Looking into using MA1 for more accurate EQ of the KH80 2.0 system. I am concerned if the newest MA1 alignment software has same support as neumann.control APP? There are a number of useful settings: Standby interval standby sensitivity Delay settings If not so, can I hack some binary values...
  13. S

Why active speakers cannot easily get rid of hiss like laptop speakers or very tiny speakers?

So I personally think zero-noise is still meaningful for hyper-near-field listening. Especially for PC field May I guess that audio techs are not catching up with the booming improvement of Intel Nvidia and AMD lol? Monitors have got gsync to replace vsync, and 4k 160Hz nano/fast ips with...
  14. S

Why active speakers cannot easily get rid of hiss like laptop speakers or very tiny speakers?

As people get older they gradually lose hearing ability... The lowest hearing floor may go from minus to zero db to 20 and even 30 db? And frequency range also drops. That's why a number of people do not hear any hiss even at close distance. For me I am still young. But I can only hear up to...
  15. S

I think I already got speakers with similar or even smaller noise right now compared to Mackie and Kali (The AudioEngine HD, AB amp). For most normal cases I do not hear things at 0.9m, except for leaning forward or late midnight. Looks like there will be limited choice for ultimate update...
Top Bottom