Recent content by sydneybird11

1. S

Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC by Alex Cavalli Review

Would those improvements be audible? If so, in what way? Thanks
  2. S

Where do you get your soda cans? I can't deform the case by squeezing it at all. Pretty solid to me.
  3. S

I have an LG V20 and a V40. Have you figured out how to get digital out from the usb? I wanted to compare the LG DAC to the LS DAC but I can't figure out how to get digital out.
  4. S

Why do you want the AK4499 chip (was AK4999 a typo)? Are you expecting a different sound versus the AK4493. Or are you being sarcastic? I'm a DAC newbie.
  5. S

Low End DAC vs High End DAC Sound Impression & Comparison

Here is my (long) DAC story, first listening using speakers, and later headphones, and 60 year old ears which have treble roll off starting at 10kHz. I'm a DAC newbie and I live on a budget, in other words I wouldn't even consider a $1000 DAC. I have a Sony DA4ES receiver from 2002 that I use...
  6. S

How to Turn an LG V20 into a dedicated DAP (and general owners' discussion)

Thanks for your suggestions Cahudson42. I still have not found a way to get digital out from the LG V20 to feed an external DAC. You mentioned a 3-wire OTG cable USB for your Rebel. Would that work for the V20? Can you tell me where to get it? I was blaming some streaming sound quality...
  7. S

Thanks Cahudson42. Today I spent a few hours listening to Hans Zimmer and others on my stored CD lossless rips and Tidal Master stream, with the 3.5 mm to RCA into my receiver. It really sounded great. I played with turning the Quad DAC on and off, and in the off, it sounded flat and in the...
  8. S

Hello. I have a couple of questions, all related to connecting the V20 to a home receiver to play my stored music on my home system. 1. Is it best to use the HiFi Quad DAC of the V20 via the 3.5mm jack into the receiver, or via the USB-C using USB Audio Player Pro? When using the 3.5mm jack...
Top Bottom