Recent content by Tassin

1. Tassin

Canton Reference 2023 - is it now Reference grade?

Below is the measurement of the new Reference 7, taken by LowBeats. The 3 lines show the difference when using the brackets to adjust mids and highs. Unfortunately, no off-axis measurements. Excerpts from the review: In the past, the use of these high-pass filters at Canton was also associated...
  2. Tassin

Almost the right choice of words, but in the wrong order. Should be: Confirms that you need to test yourself blind, and trust measurements.
  3. Tassin

Nubert NuVero 60 Speaker Review

Nice that @anphex brought up the Kef R11. As a matter of coincidence, I'm coming closer to the point where I'll have to replace my nearly 30 year old speakers, as the foam surrounding the MTM is now heavily crumbling. I had set my mind (more or less) on Kef R11 Meta, to be paired with a...
  4. Tassin

Nubert NuVero 60 Speaker Review

Their website states: The tweeter of the nuVero series is designed for the widest possible dispersion. In combination with the optimised front plate, the dispersion is even wider. Your advantage: Larger sweet spot and wider stage coverage ...
  5. Tassin

Would be nice if they are willing to share, including those of other models too, such as Reference 7 and 9.
  6. Tassin

"Music-First Audiophile" Manifesto by John Darko

Darko has already stated in a video that he puts doorstops on DACs to prevent them from falling on the floor under the weight/pulling of connected cables, not to allegedly "improve" the sound.
  7. Tassin

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

Sure. The 1120 will easily drive your R700. According to the Stereophile measurements, the R700 is a 4 Ohm speaker. In a 30 m² room, I'll assume you'll be listening at max 4 meters. With a measured sensitivity of 87 dB, desired SPL of 74 dB at 4 m, and reserving 15 dB of headroom, any amp...
  8. Tassin

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

So far, Amir tested 293 speakers representing a total worth of $ 259,590.47. Seems like the investment was well worth it.
  9. Tassin

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

@voodooless Do you have a paid subscription for Copilot? I do and it states: Potential Legal Consequences: If a professional reviewer’s opinion is taken as fact due to their authority, and it turns out to be false or misleading, they could potentially face legal consequences. This is especially...
  10. Tassin

Very nice words, Adam. Amir, this is one to frame and give a prominent place in the house. Maybe have it etched in a copper plate?
  11. Tassin

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

It might be useful to set some standards that we can adhere to, before we have a proliferation of settings. I'll leave it up to the more experienced among you to take the lead.
  12. Tassin

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

I have some measurements of my vintage speaker coming up. I thought of creating a separate thread with a similar title, e.g. "Measuring a vintage speaker: xxxx yyy zz" (where xyz refers to the brand name and model). We could then link to the thread in here. Your call, @bconline. It's your thread...
  13. Tassin

What does remastering do?

Mick Jones, guitarist of The Clash, remastered all their albums. He saw the remastering process as an opportunity to preserve the music in its best form. He was aware that some of the tapes were deteriorating and believed that recent advancements in technology could enhance the sound quality. He...
  14. Tassin

To me, this is a clear case "theory of human stupidity", cfr. Bonhöeffer & Cipola. A stupid person is someone causing damage to themselves and others. EA is obviously stupid by this definition. Oops, is he going to sue me now?
  15. Tassin

Cat News?

My Abyssinian enjoying the sun today on the patio.
Top Bottom