Recent content by teapea

1. T

Where does quantization noise come from.

This is a good question - I think I intuitively thought it would somehow change the tonality slightly.
  2. T

Yup - I think the thing is here, we know what the picture should look like, we don't actually know what the analogue signal "should" look like. (Or at least I don't look at amplitude/time line and read it like the matrix and know what it sounds like!) Thanks @staticV3 really appreciate your...
  3. T

Which I guess then begs the question, how do we know if the signal contains noise or is in fact what it was supposed to sound like in the first place?!
  4. T

OK I think the penny is dropping (albeit slowly!) here. And it's actually to do with how I envisage "noise" to look on a signal. To me, the yellow and green signal both look "clean" - they're both a nicely curved signal. One hits all the unquantized sample points, the other hits all the...
  5. T

OK - I think this is the fundamental thing my head isn't getting... How does the yellow line already contain the noise - isn't the noise the red line?
  6. T

Yup - appreciate all that. I'm not worried if it's audible or not, I'm talking theoretically here. I just don't understand why quantizing is creating "noise" when in my head it's just modifying the original signal. What is constructing the red noise line in Monty's chart? The only thing that...
  7. T

Nope - still not making the connection! I understand the ADC quantizes from t1=4.43 to t1=4 - makes sense. The digital medium eg CD simply has this value. So the DAC then constructs the yellow line. Where is the red line? Why do we get any noise from this? The yellow line is just another...
  8. T

OK - this may be due to lack of sleep or I'm just being incredibly stupid and missing the obvious - but I can't get my brain around where the noise comes from! So this is an image from the famous Monty video - and basically everything he says makes perfect sense. I appreciate the red line is...
  9. T

Help deciding on active floorstanders

Yeah that's the problem, getting the balance between all those, when the options are very limited and wildly disparate in pricing... And a wife with expensive tastes
  10. T

Thanks all, doesn't sound like I'm missing anything, and Dynaudio is looking like it might win out. (As much as she likes the b&o, the saved cash can go into the mid life crisis Lambo fund ). I actually used to use Dynaudio in the car back in the days I used to compete in SQ - blast from the...
  11. T

LS60 don't support any type of wireless hub Yes no-one seems to talk about the 30s much, it's all the stand mounts or the bigger 50s - they do seem on paper to be an ideal solution - I just baulk at spending 1k more than the Buchardts... (but as I'm not allowed them probably need to get over...
  12. T

sure - for music they run as full frequency stereo - for films - I don't always bother to turn the sub on. I don't miss it. Regardless of technically how it's referred to.
  13. T

Streaming from my own server via DLNA (which I just use phone for and chromecast) or via Qoboz/Deezer again via chromecast. Then HDMI for the AV kit, which is all going through an HDMI box at the back of the room which includes TV/games consoles/chromecast etc. So I could probably just pipe...
  14. T

No wireless hub option so can't connect HDMI to them
  15. T

Doesn't support wireless hub - all inputs are from the front which won't work when my AV kit is at the rear of the room.
Top Bottom