Recent content by Thomas_A

1. Thomas_A

What is your favorite house curve

I guess curves get misunderstood and mixed up once they are published and spread around on the internet. There are Harman target curves for headphones, and there are curves for a typical room response with good speakers etc. The expressions "target curve" and "Harman" get mixed up and the story...
  2. Thomas_A

You can EQ a suboptimal speaker based on its anechoic response. If your speaker is good from start there is no point in using correction above Shroeder f.
  3. Thomas_A

If you have a natural sound source in your room in front of you like your own voice, would you like to alter it according to a room curve to sound "not like you" in that room?
  4. Thomas_A

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

Done testing. I did not find any tells this time either. I would really like to see this 20-trial experiment repeated in 10 successive sessions. If anyone of them get 18/20, I might believe it.
  5. Thomas_A

Seeing the graphs, I think it is "impossible" for IMD effects as well. The difference and levels are just way too small. One could perhaps try too boost the response 20-30 dB at 21-22 kHz to see if it becomes audible, and then give the blame for the headphone having a similar boost...
  6. Thomas_A

Thanks, the lastest year has been just crazy; open surgery in chest and stomach. The report from the doctors today told me I was in a real mess;. massive inflammation and close to sepsis. Strange what a small gall bladder can cause.
  7. Thomas_A

Back from hospital, just downloaded and made a few listening comparisons. No "tells" so far what I can hear, specifically trying to hear if there is some IMD that could change some timbre. I'll do some more tests tomorrow.
  8. Thomas_A

Why is my turntable's frequency response now dropping off?

7-8 degrees C diff should give quite some effect with your cartridge. From Yosh pages: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~yosh/recspecs.htm
  9. Thomas_A

Well see tomorrow if I find something. Most likely not since my previous attempts with HF IMD did not give anything. At least what I remember. Have a bit better equipment now however. To work ear canal must be loaded with 21 kHz, combined with 14 kHz to give an audible 7 kHz buzzz.
  10. Thomas_A

Thanks. Good info for others to try ABX.
  11. Thomas_A

Interesting. If the time spot is known it will be easier for others to test it. I’ll try later this week.
  12. Thomas_A

There will always be outliers, for various reasons though. I wonder if it is only with Susvara HP it is heard? Pressuring high enough HF into the ear canal might introduce non-linearities and perhaps some ear IMD. Not cheating but possible explanation besides hearing 21 kHz.
  13. Thomas_A

The only way would be IMD either equipment or ear. I’ve never heard or read of HF Tartini tone audibility though. http://szhorvat.net/pelican/combination-tones.html
  14. Thomas_A

I remember talking to Arny K (RIP) way back when I detected one of his impossible tests, and later found it was the usual soundcard IMD. I played a while with the ears own IMD, Tartini tones. While they where fun, I don’t remember if I ever got to conclude if they have any role at higher...
Top Bottom