Recent content by thumb5

1. T

Devialet Expert 200 Amplifier, DAC and Streamer Review

Look, I've already qualified what I said, and both the original statement and the later, qualified statement were made in the interest of providing technical information, or "value to the forum" if you like. If you don't think this was of interest, fine, but the confrontational attitude is...
  2. T

If it would help, let me qualify what I originally said: "to the best of my knowledge it hasn't been a problem with current models, using the same information sources as brought the original problem into the public domain".
  3. T

Your assumption is wrong. The problem @Soniclife described affected several 200s some years ago and is in the public domain.
  4. T

It was a problem with a non-critical component in the power supply, IIRC. Fixed under warranty. Hasn't been a problem with the current models.
  5. T

Amir, I have already acknowledged in at least two previous posts that the reduced power at high frequencies may be inherent to the design as it has been seen elsewhere. I have no argument at all with objective data - in fact my background is in engineering, so objective data are a large part of...
  6. T

No, I'm not saying that, and no, I don't fail to understand that.
  7. T

Again, I'll remind you that I did not state that owner abuse was the cause of the faults in the Devialet 200 under test. At the moment the reason for the faults is not known. We need to hear what Devialet have to say about it. I am not trying to "prove my competence", as you put it. Rather I...
  8. T

We're busy agreeing here, I think. But using test results from a used unit to argue that testing new doesn't resolve the issue is indeed a circular argument. The point remains that there are more possible sources of variation in a used unit than in a new unit, and it is difficult if not...
  9. T

"* test results from used units cannot be assumed to be representative of all similar units" We don't disagree on that point. We have already been round this loop, see #500. "* the test results for the Devialet 200 may be due to features of the design, or faults in this particular unit"...
  10. T

My points are, as they always have been: * test results from used units cannot be assumed to be representative of all similar units * the test results for the Devialet 200 may be due to features of the design, or faults in this particular unit These are in principle completely independent...
  11. T

Apparently you missed this (from the same post you quoted): "Again, please bear in mind I'm not saying that an owner has actually abused, modified or damaged the Devialet 200 that Amir tested, just that it could happen."
  12. T

True, but that's a completely different scenario in which it's entirely clear that if the manufacturer sends you a faulty unit, it shows up either a fragile design or poor quality control. It also gives them a clear responsibility to sort it out by sending you a replacement. I don't know; I'm...
Top Bottom