Recent content by timblocktoom

1. T

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Something must have been amiss -- I can say I've never had a case, in 3/4 year now, where I couldn't get them loud enough for my liking
  2. T

No question -- but I honestly had noticed this quite a bit myself before ever looking for others seeing similar online I think there's some merit to something going on here
  3. T

A good question and point - they should be as I've only had them 10 months or so and don't use them a ton necessarily. I've thought about buying new ones, but it seemed like these should still be good (I'd hope!?) and the pads are pretty spendy so I haven't gone that route yet. Now that I'm...
  4. T

Interesting, and a bit of a bummer I’ve been noticing it and wondered if it was just me
  5. T

Have any long term owners noticed or felt that the ANC has become less effective over time with the firmware updates Apple has pushed along the way?
  6. T

I'm just an average user -- but I quite enjoy the Max
  7. T

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Review (active monitor)

@Olioli Thank you for that It looks like I should download and demo out ARC 3 perhaps I'm a major Rogue Amoeba fan and SoundSource user (and Audio Hijack and Fission, etc) so I'd be good on that front. Do you have a pic of what you did in SS to EQ them? Which plugin/option did you use? "Non...
  8. T

Did you find the ARC 3 results worth the spend vs the built in ARC on the MTMs? Can you talk about the differences there a bit? (or did you only go the ARC 3 route due to one speaker not being able to save a calibration? - hope you get that RMA'd!) Thank you very much!
  9. T

Apple's first high-end headphones

I got a pair for a song and am loving them so far. They are heavy indeed, but the head band design makes it nearly disappear (nearly, not totally). Very impressive. I hope more copy the general headband design. I hope they make a “sport” version with high quality plastics and less weight.
  10. T

Yeah - I think you're right The only thing missing for me is more low end entertainment and "bump" for certain types of music (which of course isn't really the "goal" for accurate monitoring desires)
  11. T

What sub did you order? I do find that when testing the MTM's out here in "open air", I'm mostly happy with the low end except on certain types of music. I'm guessing that it's very accurate, but simply missing the frequencies it can't reach (or reach well). Room struggles aside here, I think...
  12. T

Given the constraints of space in there, is it possible they are the wrong product (with the rear bass port)?
  13. T

They are up on microphone stands to get the tweeters at ear height. Yeah - have played around with HF/LF, seemingly endlessly :-(
  14. T

On Flat? A bit bloated and over bassy -- but ARC takes it way too far the other direction... from a "stew" and makes it into liquid thin runny "broth"
  15. T

So I moved my whole setup out into our living room (very wide open, high ceilings, no walls close) and set up a sort of ideal 36" between MTMs and 36" to my listening spot and did a fresh built in ARC Blisteringly beautiful and fantastic I have a massive problem in my confined office space...
Top Bottom