Recent content by tmtomh

1. tmtomh

Buckeye Amps: 2nd Generation Purifi EIGANTAKT 1ET9040BA Amplifier

Goodness - so much clean power for less than $1300, the size of a stack of about 15 LPs. Crazy.
  2. tmtomh

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

It's 32kg, and there are many of us here who can lift that, but not without a trip to the chiropractor afterwards. :) Also, in all seriousness, I believe @amirm noted in his review that it's not just the weight - it's that they're a bit awkward to try to lift and carry because of the...
  3. tmtomh

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Appreciate the detailed reply and civil tone, but I'm sorry, this is ridiculous: if you are familiar with and respect scientific principles then you know that a confidence level of 1.0 is not possible, aspired to, or necessary - and you also know that your own subjective, uncontrolled listening...
  4. tmtomh

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I totally hear you RE trolling techniques. It just seems weird that someone would have joined all the way back in March 2019 and waited until now to do it.
  5. tmtomh

How is someone a member here for more than five years and then starts a thread like this?
  6. tmtomh

BACCH4Mac "Absolute Sounds Product of the Year 2024"

This is a very interesting and informative post - thank you for providing all of that detail about your experience of the system.
  7. tmtomh

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Indeed it does.
  8. tmtomh

Good point! Are you specifically claiming that the human hearing system changes in a corresponding way to speakers so that we don't notice the difference? Or are you just generally pointing out that our hearing apparatus changes with climate conditions?
  9. tmtomh

If I were in the market for one of these amps, I would definitely want the load-invariant ones with PFFB. But that said, we're typically talking about frequency response deviations from flat of less than 1dB, and below 15kHz in most cases the deviation less than 0.75dB and often less than 0.5dB...
  10. tmtomh

LYNEPAUDIO B049 Audio Switcher Review

Well, that settles that then. If it by chance came defective from the factory, that's unfortunate but still on the manufacturer. And when we combine this important bit of info with the fact that another member here got essentially the same result when more than one output was enabled - when the...
  11. tmtomh

Signal cable does not work as optical

The cable he has posted about is one that is not passing any sound at all. So the difference would be that with another cable, there would be sound.
  12. tmtomh

EDIT for future reference: I was mistaken - @antcollinet corrects my mistake here in post #15 below. For digital coaxial/RCA, you want a cable labeled as 110 ohm. Regular, analogue RCA cables are 75 ohm. As you have discovered, regular 75 ohm will usually work over shorter distances, but as...
  13. tmtomh

World's Best Cables has their own web site and there's not even a category for TOSLINK aka optical cables. So I'm pretty sure @antcollinet is correct and the OP is talking about a coax/RCA cable.
Top Bottom