Recent content by Tom79

1. T

Increase (electrical) Damping of a Driver

looks quite inexpensive LOL.
  2. T

right, like the DC-Resistance in the coils of the motor. But in contrary to my DC-Motor example the Speaker Driver normally works above its resonance frequency, and when "stopped" membrane vibrates with the damped resonance frequency. But this doesn't change anything. Thanks for your inputs...
  3. T

To increase the mechanical damping of a tweeter, they drill holes into the "magnet" so some air behind the membrane can flow in and out and produces some friction (=damping). In this case, also the moving mass becomes higher and the spring constant smaller, the result is also a deeper resonance...
  4. T

https://www.prosoundweb.com/what-is-loudspeaker-damping-damping-factor-df/ "Driver Variations: The larger the driver the more import electrical damping is. Low frequency drivers and subwoofers have the most problems regarding damping. Their moving mass is quite high and their suspensions are...
  5. T

thanks a lot for all your inputs. I know, that electric damping is usually made in the amp. Mechanical damping in mid/woofers is very low compared to electrical damping, so my main approach was electrical damping in the crossover. This also, because I know, that the company (Strauss...
  6. T

Havent't read all of this, but neg. Output Impedance Amps seem useless (unstable...): https://sound-au.com/project56.htm To increase transient response of a speaker you should increase it's (electric) dampening. that's the secret. I've found here a little explanation how the circuit from above...
  7. T

Hi, I'm new in Audio but I have some technical background, altough my master in physics was 18 years ago - so I've forgotten a lot. I'm interested in increasing the damping of a Midwoofer speaker-driver by modifying the driver itself and the crossover. So that the crossover destroys some of...
Top Bottom