Recent content by top443

1. top443

Ethernet Input DACs

I don't see any reason for Ethernet to be better than wifi. It uses TCP/IP so the link level protocol should be transparent. The same bits are hitting the dac.
  2. top443

60 kg DAC

But how is this better than the chip in my phone?
  3. top443

New cassette player matches high-res audio

How much can you even do with the electronics? At some point it becomes all about the tape formula.
  4. top443

3D video is dead, dead, dead

Very few films really did 3D well. Also I find the TV 3D effect to be a lot better than the Real3D cinema DLP implementation. Godard's Goodbye to Language (2014) and Underworld Awakening (2012) are probably my favorite.
  5. top443

New cassette player matches high-res audio

Does it have Dolby NR? Such a weird product..
  6. top443

$1k headphones

Thank you for the recommendations.
  7. top443

$1k headphones

Thanks for your reply. What I think I'm missing is some of the "unpleasant" details in live music. Bow "biting" the strings, Lower tones of the cello chiiling your bones. I would wish for sounds like plucking a string on the violin to have more impact. I realize everything I just said is very...
  8. top443

$1k headphones

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been lurking for a while. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here so I thought I would ask for your advice about headphones in the $1k class. I listen almost exclusively to classical recordings. Maybe it goes without saying on this forum but I want a...
Top Bottom